Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have some spare assemblies available in case someone's fails.. Hopefully not mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is an '01 same as a '97? I have two (previously used) but quite driveable. VA state inspection didn't like 'em.

How many stock or stockish trucks are gonna be there this weekend? Also, is anybody camping at crozet? Or will everybody but myself be at misty mountain? Just asking.

Dopler174 said:
How many stock or stockish trucks are gonna be there this weekend? Also, is anybody camping at crozet? Or will everybody but myself be at misty mountain? Just asking.

I think everyone is camping at Misty Mountain. The cabin I rented is air conditioned so if you need a place, you can always just stay with me & Monmix.. Just pay your share.

Won't be making this one gentlemen :( There was no way I would have been able to get off work, as I took off the end of last month, and will be taking off the end of next month. My employment would have been in Jeopardy if I had taken off the end of 3 months in a row. The end of the month is our absolute busiest time when we need everyone we can get. That and my Explorer is still broken, compounded with the fact I have not had the $$ to fix it. Ah well, there will be other 10th Annv. runs..... :rolleyes:

Ben,
How many people are signed up now?

My buddy spike is coming and is a stockish X.

there was talk of magazine coverage at the beginning, is that still possible or is that wishful thinking.

Josh said:
Ben,
How many people are signed up now?

I'll have to look at the list once I get home from work.

Ben, give me a call when you get a chance 304-541-1763

Ben, gimme a ring as well 770-380-8900.

Very cool looking place, is that near Crozet?

Chris, if i stay at Misty Mountain, will i be able to drive my non street legal Explorer to your place?

Is anyone bringing a video camera??

I found my CB mic :D

JoshC said:
Very cool looking place, is that near Crozet?

Chris, if i stay at Misty Mountain, will i be able to drive my non street legal Explorer to your place?

Is anyone bringing a video camera??

I found my CB mic :D

For driving a non-street legal I'd say no cause you have to drive for about 6 miles on main roads.. You have to go back out on 250 (Rockfish Gap Tpke) to 240 (Crozet Ave) to Bearwood which is where Crozet is. Video camera I probably will.. Big Dogs is in just outside Winchester, VA

well i would like just to buy a good one even if mine dont fail i will put it in sometime soon.. and it would be easy to pick it up at the run and not have to pay shipping

Josh said:
That place looks nasty. :eek: My truck is definately not ready for that, but who knows.
like Crozet, there are many trails from easy to mean, but i can't tell you much cause i still haven't been there myself.

my attendance this weekend is uncertain. fate has thrown me quite a few curveballs this week with the truck. took it out on the highway for the first time in a long time after resolving my deathwobble issue, only to find i had massive wheelbearing failure, seemingly due to a defective (leaky) warn lockout. didn't realize until going to put it back together today that one of the races spun in the hub and ruined the press-fit, so I've got to find a new 44 hub by friday evening. will update...

There is a junkyard near me that sells stuff cheap for me anyway. I think they sell hubs for 25 bucks. Finding one on ther hand might be a problem. I will look if you want.

I will bring my camcorder. Sound guality is ok but not great.

goatja,
Are you still riding with me?

Josh said:
There is a junkyard near me that sells stuff cheap for me anyway. I think they sell hubs for 25 bucks. Finding one on ther hand might be a problem. I will look if you want.
I appreciate the offer, but what I need is the actual hub assembly for a 44, not the lockout. I can make the trashed lockout work for the weekend, but I can't drive there without a good hub. I will have to buy one new for a little more $$ is all.

....or were you talking to someone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

probably the same price but I don't know. I guess you are little to far away for me to just drop one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back