Custom Walnut console or finished in a color? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Walnut console or finished in a color?

Should the console be Walnut, or another finish/color?

• Total voters

briwayjones

Manual Master
Reaction score
City, State
Eldersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
In my 2003 Sport sometime in the next century when I get motivated enough I was going to build a custom full length Walnut console including radio bezel surround. I'm trying to keep it sporty though, I'm going to lower it a little bit and wanted to keep a sporty look. Do you think a Walnut console would not be the right look and look too yuppie or luxurious for it? Should I make a black console, silver like the radio bezel, or some other finish/color?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sporty and wood don't go together if you ask me. I like the silver trim in my sport but I have been looking at a silver burl wood kit. But I am not going for the sporty look.

I vote for carbon fiber.

I agree, wood wouldn't look sporty, I vote for aluminum

I was originally going to do this in my four door before I got the sport which is non-sporty of course. Once the Sport kind of became my main one the idea just stuck. But then it hit me recently that Walnut isn't really sporty and probably wouldn't go well with a Sport.

I'm a big fan of aluminum billet. Definitely not wood for your ride.

I say walnut, but only if you add some other walnut accents elsewhere in the truck. If you didn't guess already, I'm a woodgrain addict lol

If I did Walnut I would add other Walnut stuff like door handles. But I'm still thinking it wouldn't look right in a sporty vehicle.

Back