Cybergasm's 99 Explorer XLT 2WD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 99 Explorer XLT 2WD

well i guess i finally start my Elite Explorer Registry. I Joined in late 2005 after aquiring a 1999 Explorer XLT and was searching for lift kits and i found this site. went Elite almost immediatly since i have saved a ton of $$$ well enough history on to the vehicle:

Round 1 mods included:
installing trailer hitch
installing clear lenses front&rear
carputer :D
Siruis Satellite Radio

Round 2 mods
3 inch body lift
Warrior Shackles
Billit Grille
White face guages
dash mount to install Sirius unit(no more windshield mounts)
trailer wiring
33x12.50-15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains
15x8 "Soft 8" Black Rock Crawler wheels

August 2006 mods
New Shocks installed (Rancho RS5000's)
Torsion Twist the front end 1/2 inch no more fender rub finally :D

Future mods include
more lift :D
regear rearend
new shocks Done!
engine (more HP!)

now on to the pictures

Attachments

• Apr09_0001.jpg
    Apr09_0001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,062
  • CybergasmX2.jpg
    CybergasmX2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,129
  • Apr09_0002.jpg
    Apr09_0002.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,038

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wheels are 3.75 in backspace as far trimming i had to cut the corners from the front bumper and removed appx 2in from the inner fender in the rear.
but i was a little premature in doing that since afterwards i did a tt on it and eliminated the rest of the rub it had. if i was to do it again i woudl have the tt first and then trim it if necessary

thanks alot. this makes me feel a little better about puttin on 33's after i do the body lift(already bought it just need a weekend...)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ever put on that flowmaster i sold you? I sold my explorer and bought a dodge ram since then :p: :thumbsup:

ever put on that flowmaster i sold you? I sold my explorer and bought a dodge ram since then :p: :thumbsup:

aww man never installed it got it stuck it in the closet and it been there ever since:D

Very nice!

I own the same size of tires & rims and I recently did a torsion twist and I'm awaiting the 3'' BL and shackles.. I'm just wondering if you experience a lot of rubbing? I think I'm gonna go the same way as you with my '97 XLT

wheels are 3.75 in backspace as far trimming i had to cut the corners from the front bumper and removed appx 2in from the inner fender in the rear.
but i was a little premature in doing that since afterwards i did a tt on it and eliminated the rest of the rub it had. if i was to do it again i woudl have the tt first and then trim it if necessary

Very nice!

I own the same size of tires & rims and I recently did a torsion twist and I'm awaiting the 3'' BL and shackles.. I'm just wondering if you experience a lot of rubbing? I think I'm gonna go the same way as you with my '97 XLT

Look at the above quote taken from a previous post for the answer :D

Thanks for the compliment:thumbsup:

Back