Dasfinc's 5 speed Supercharged V-8 Explorer Sport Build Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dasfinc's 5 speed Supercharged V-8 Explorer Sport Build Thread

Nice. Should be interesting to see time slips for both beasts...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you!

If a Mod/Admin spots my thread could they change the title to:

"Dasfinc's 5 speed V-8 Explorer Sport Build Thread"

Thank you!

If a Mod/Admin spots my thread could they change the title to:

"Dasfinc's 5 speed supercharged V-8 Explorer Sport Build Thread"

:thumbsup:

Wow, Admin was fast on that! If they would like to add Supercharged to make the title extra long I wouldn't mind it either ;-).

I just happen to be checking your thread when you posted it. Supercharged added as well. :)

Good luck with the build!

Thank you!

I'm in the midst of moving money around to order some more stuff... Still a little torn about dropping $700 for Torque Monster headers... Anyone selling used explorer FMS or Torque Monsters???

From all the posts on here about the TMH, you won't be disappointed with them or regret the money spent.

I know I won't regret it, I just don't like spending as much on headers as I did for the whole truck :p:.

I know I won't regret it, I just don't like spending as much on headers as I did for the whole truck :p:.

Yea, no kidding. Thinking of a similar build, just headers, and basic Huffer. Just want a sleeper. I'm gonna stick with the auto, then build it when it breaks. Will follow to check on progress. ;)

Subscribing to see how this come out. Good luck!

Thank you for the encouraging words everyone!

Sadly there will be very little movement on this build until March or April... With winter looming the rugged old 4.0 is going to trudge through one last winter before I let it go to a new home.

Come spring I'll be able to Daily Drive the Mustang and take the explorer out of commission to do the swap, as much as I want to, and can afford to the swap right now, it just doesn't make sense with it being December and my other car being a RWD Convertible.

As stupid as this sounds, I've trolled through the sport and street truck sections, and can't find a good clean write-up stickied for doing the Torsion Twist in the front... Nor can I find a good vendor for 3inch drop blocks for the rear.... Any help guys?

As stupid as this sounds, I've trolled through the sport and street truck sections, and can't find a good clean write-up stickied for doing the Torsion Twist in the front... Nor can I find a good vendor for 3inch drop blocks for the rear.... Any help guys?

They are in the Suspension Forum.

Torsion Bar 101

Torsion Twist for Dummies

Thank you for the encouraging words everyone!

Sadly there will be very little movement on this build until March or April... With winter looming the rugged old 4.0 is going to trudge through one last winter before I let it go to a new home.

Come spring I'll be able to Daily Drive the Mustang and take the explorer out of commission to do the swap, as much as I want to, and can afford to the swap right now, it just doesn't make sense with it being December and my other car being a RWD Convertible.

Well that sucks, but I do understand the point.

I can't see how driving the mustang in Illinois winter can be a good thing. If the drivers up there are anything like down here in TN, it just spells disaster for the mustang.

Having lived in TN for a while and having drove a mustang through 8 Michigan winters (until I wised up and got an Ex), I can tell you, northern drivers vs. southern are two complete different kinds of people when it comes to snow. It was almost a full-city-shutdown-armaggeddon type scenario when the town (in TN) I moved to got a 1/8" of dusting. It was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen. But, northerns have the opposite attitude when there really is a full-city-shutdown-armaggeddon type snow storm as they are to ****y. But hey, it keeps the tow truck drivers in business pulling them all out of the ditches all winter...

I know what you mean... I've never been afraid to drive in the snow (unlike my mother), but NE Oklahoma (where I grew up) gets ICE over snow. When I joined the Army, I got stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. I got educated REAL quick on how to maneuver the snow cover roads.

I do laugh at the "****y northerners" trying to drive in an Okla winter.... the ice gets 'em every time.

What town in TN? Yes I know about the OMG effect over an inch of snow here... 50 car wreck minimum usually.

IL Drivers are the worst, especially the "Soccer Mom" types around doing either 80mph or 5mph down the road during a blizzard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back