• Register Today It's free!

doing some glass in my 02

confused_one

Reaction score
City, State
tampa,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer
just some shots of what i have done so far this is my first glass box so there have been some trial and error things but its coming along. I will update it every couple days or so and please if you have any pointers let me now.

most of whats going in it
DSCF2052.jpg

gutted
DSCF2016.jpg

bottom and back fitted
DSCF2018.jpg

working on the rings
DSCF2040.jpg

4 rings done
DSCF2038.jpg

placing the first 2
DSCF2049.jpg

first 2 placed
DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your bottom says top or is that the top of the bottom?

Looks good so far! I love Soundstream, my soundstream stuff lasted 12 years before I went JL audio and Focal

omg, thats going to look so awesome....

Mind helping me out with removing my third row??

but thats going to be one hell of a fiberglass box...

it wasnt that bad to get out. the bottom peice just pops out with the little buttons on the floor and like 8 bolts to pull the top and all the back floring and jack holder.

haha oh. Well thats fun

Hope you post more install pics as you go along. How much have you invested so far?

here is a update i made new ring struts the 2x2 is alot more sturdy

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

my brother

DSCF2062.jpg

DSCF2063.jpg

DSCF2064.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

making the sides and laying the fleece this weekend more pics to come.

in total so far i have like 50$ in wood and some other stuff and i had to buy a couple tools and some clamps that was like another 100 or so but I am figuring on areound 150-200 in total material's including the matt and the fiberglass. plus paint.

New updae got a lot done almost to the home stretch

New ring mounts went with the 1x2 it’s a hell of a lot stronger
DSCF2064.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

Back wall cut and don’t

DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

Fleece time

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2081.jpg

DSCF2082.jpg

Smells good

DSCF2087.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

ME
DSCF2084.jpg

My brother
DSCF2083.jpg

That’s all for now still have a few layers of mat to do and a metric assload of sanding.
More pics to come in a couple days.

forgive me because i know nothing about making sub boxes. you do you fiberglass the inside? is it just to seal it up, and if yes, could you use something like silicone? also, do you have to do any type of aiming on the subs for them to have the correct sound (i know you need a certain amount of cubes). sorry, i just want to know. this summer i may make a sub box for my truck (never did like the off the shelf one that i have), and possibly some kick panels.

I did glass the inside wood to seal it and to make it a little stronger as the wood is only ½ inch instead of ¾ , you could use silicone but over time it will loosen up liquid nails would be the preferred alternative to using fiberglass

As far as aiming the subs with a fiberglass box it realy doesn’t matter all the sube are sharing the same air space so they can be low or high I found that in the explorer the subs are a bit louder like 1-1.4 db louder when pointed up in a ported box being that this is sealed it was like flipping a coin as to where they would point.

Al in all a fiberglass box looks awesome but if you want good spl go with a parted bux. Sealed and glass boxes are functional but not the loudest. And as always any questions or comments are welcomed.

2 layers of mat layed 1 on the inside and 1 on the outside.

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2093.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

DSCF2091.jpg

DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

DSCF2088.jpg

Here are some more updates got some bondo done and finish sanding almost ready for paint.

Bondo going on

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2097.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

Sanded

DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

the box is now at the painters. minus the 3/4 inch rope i used for bracing the box is better then 1/4 inch thick with the fiber glass and a little more with the bondo and gellcoat. i will get some picks up when i get it back. should sound awsome.

how many layers of fiberglass??? what weight??

Great work and nice to see all the pics in the making. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Rick

That is one sick looking box man, props!!!!:salute:

not sure of the weight but there are 4 layers of fiberglass with mat. i also have 20 feet of 3/4 inch braided poly rope on the inside that is snaked areound and soaked in resign. i can lay accros the middle of the box with no problem and I and not small by any means.

Update.

Box is done and in the truck just needs a little clean up. sounds amazing haven’t realy got on it yet still have a new sub to break in. more pics and vids to come.

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2137.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2141.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dud ethat looks sick!! What are you going to fill it with? Morepics!

Back