• Register Today It's free!

EGR system trouble.

ranger812572

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer, 76 E150
My check engine light came on. I checked the codes. It showed an EGR system code, not exactly sure which one off the top of my head. I replaced the EGR valve and DPFE. Reset the computer, and it still popped up. SO i replaced the EGR vacuum solenoid. Cleared the codes again. Still comes on. I know I am getting vacuum, because I pulled the vacuum line off the egr valve and manually pulled the throttle back to raise it up to about 1500 RPMs. I did feel it pulling, so I know its got vacuum. Any suggestions? :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suggest pulling codes again and posting the actual code numbers. Don't forget to include whether each code is a KOEO, CM, or KOER code.

did u buy borg warner parts? reason i ask i had same problem replaced EGR DPFE and EVR fixed my problems.... 3 months latter CEL came on? Pulled codes 335,336 WHAT???? Took out the DPFE and EVR and exchanged them for new ones no more CEL its been a yr now....MY quess was a defect part

jsut went through similar problems with codes not clearing after EGR repalcement and 2 o2 replacements. A fuse was burnt out. repalced fuse and engine light went off. checked with local ford emchanic said i should have checked fuses for multiple codes to begin with. jsut a suggestion to check your fuses.

OK codes are as follows:
KOER: 335-EGR sensor circuit voltage higher or lower than expected during self-test.
CM: 332-Insufficient EGR flow detected.
KOER: 326-(Cars Only) EGR sensor circuit voltage lower than expected.

All parts are BWD. Borg Warner.

I checked my fuses. All are fine.

THANX FOR THE HELP!

Oh, and it definitely feels like the EGR valve is not functioning properly.

I'm gonna go swap out this EGR valve right now. If that doesn't solve it, then next step is swap out the DPFE. At least these parts have warranties!

Ok, the EGR valve didn't solve it, but the replacement DPFE seems to have. Will update if it didn't.

Glad I could help!!!

Back