Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Police Interceptor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

saw a local black and white near home. The Ford logo on the front grill was blacked out and was just an oval ........ Wonder why they took the Ford nameplate off?

saw a local black and white near home. The Ford logo on the front grill was blacked out and was just an oval ........ Wonder why they took the Ford nameplate off?

I would guess it fell off as apposed to taking it off. Sometimes when Police use the PushBar to "assist" someone who wont stop, parts fall off. LOL!

The only one I have seen around us is a white unmarked unit. The only way I have know it is he had someone already pulled over (luckily!).

All Sport models already have the upgraded brakes, regardless of build date.

I thought so but I wanted to be sure thanks

I thought so but I wanted to be sure thanks

You can tell the difference by the front rotors, upgraded ones have slotted cooling holes between the hat and pad surface. Previous ones and current base models have no slots.

Sgt1411 I contacted my ford rep and he ordered the updated longer straps. Thanks a lot for the info. Pete

Sgt1411 I contacted my ford rep and he ordered the updated longer straps. Thanks a lot for the info. Pete

Anytime........PM me if you any other assistance with the new Interceptors

I am currently getting to retrofit my new (to me) 2011 explorer with my emergency lights and siren. Does anyone know which factory upgrades for the interceptor models are available for stock upgrade? My primary interest is the control from steering wheel, wig wag and two-way speaker connection.

I am currently getting to retrofit my new (to me) 2011 explorer with my emergency lights and siren. Does anyone know which factory upgrades for the interceptor models are available for stock upgrade? My primary interest is the control from steering wheel, wig wag and two-way speaker connection.

Send me a PM I can hook you up with the Chief Engineer on the Police Program.

Also check out www.InterMotive.net for the new Police Interface Module that takes control of those switches.

I finally got to see an Explorer Police Interceptor yesterday. The city of Natchitoches La. has a white one. Good looking with all the emblems on it!

Ya the Interceptor Utility is taking over the Crown Vic replacement market. Dodge and GM thought they would swoop in and grab some business after Ford closed St Thomas Assembly but its been the opposite.

Interceptor Utility is ruling the Police market now as a direct replacement for the CVPI.

That 3.7L Lincoln V6 combined with the more aggressive AWD system programming is superb to drive in the city. I wish that they offered that engine with a retail Limited model if the EcoBoost isnt going to be an option. Low end torque is significantly better then our retail 3.5L.

All Sport models already have the upgraded brakes, regardless of build date.

The Police Inter. brakes are supposed to be 14.5" and Standard Sport brakes are 13.8".

The only difference I was aware of was the Police version has higher temp rated silicone calliper piston seals vs the Sport ones which are rubber.

Ya the Interceptor Utility is taking over the Crown Vic replacement market. Dodge and GM thought they would swoop in and grab some business after Ford closed St Thomas Assembly but its been the opposite.

Interceptor Utility is ruling the Police market now as a direct replacement for the CVPI.

That 3.7L Lincoln V6 combined with the more aggressive AWD system programming is superb to drive in the city. I wish that they offered that engine with a retail Limited model if the EcoBoost isnt going to be an option. Low end torque is significantly better then our retail 3.5L.
The City of Ottawa has finally been able to modify the Police Interceptor Tauras vehicles it bought. Turned out the steering column shifter and the mobile terminals were in each others way.
I'm outside of Ottawa and the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) are still using the Chevy SUV's here.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look so much better with the black steel wheels, those hubcaps are not attractive.

Yes, Peter the steering column shifter was a big issue and only recently is the shorter shifter being offered.

The hold up was that when they make even a small change like that they are not legally allowed to roll it out without getting crash test certification.

Lots of money for such a small change.

Back