• Register Today It's free!

F150 coil seat question

Arthur

Reaction score
City, State
Houston TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie
I bought the f150 coil seats for my 93 and tried to install them today but the bolt that is supposed to hold them on was not long enough... What should I do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

buy longer bolts, thats all i can think of besides maybe grinding down where the bolt sits so it will fit properly.

I assume your truck is 2wd because the studs are too short.

You need to get the 4x4 bolts from the dealer/junk yard, they are much much longer.

this is a double sided stud, one end retains the radius arm to the beam and the other end the coil retainer.

They are a real bit&* to get in and out of the beam, be prepared with 3/4" drive impact or long breaker bar, liquid wrench, and a DEEP socket

You will also have to get an alignment after you install the spacers and the alignment will most likely require 3.5 degree (2wd) camber correction shims, so you should consider installing those at the same time to save some $$$.

how much are the bolts? can i order them online?

Ok... I'm probably missing something here, but which year F150 coil seats will fit on the first gen X's, and do they need to be from a 2wd or a 4x4 F150?

Also... I noticed in another thread that on the 2nd gen or so you can use the F150 rear leafs... can something like that be done for the first gen? If so, would it change anything in the suspension, and which years would fit?

And... if you want to tell me to search... I've been looking through threads all day, so either I'm missing something completely or I just haven't found the right thread... I'm still looking though, so maybe I'll figure something out. In the meantime... anyone?

Neeeeevermind... I found another thread that had exactly what I needed, and I feel like an idiot now...

F-150 coil seats from a '91 2WD for a 1 5/8" front lift...
WAR-153 shackles for a 2" rear lift...

Can you post the link to the other thread you found please?

Here...

And...

Here.

I know you're a part of the second one Red, but maybe someone will make some use of these threads...

Now, I called Lordco about the coil seats, and they had no clue what they were... I'll try calling the dealership and asking them about the parts, but if I'm going to the wreckers to get the seats myself, how difficult are they to remove? And... also... what exactly are they? :rolleyes: I'll take a look in my Haynes to find the Explorer equivilant, but are they called coil seats, or are they called the lower spring perch, or what?

Also... here is the application guide for the Warrior shackles... '91+ Ford Explorers are listed second from the bottom... part number WAR-153 and WAR-353...

Fil

;)

F150 coil seat part numbers:
F2TZ5A307A Ford Coil Spring spacer
F2TZ5A307B Ford Coil Spring spacer

Warrior shackles:
WAR-153

Performance Accessories 2" Body lift:
PA792

ProComp add a leaf:

Bah... thanks Froader... I think I'll be looking into all those, with the exception of the body lift...

Back