• Register Today It's free!

Fiberglass Fenders

Swee294349

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
This is a question for all of you who have Perry's fiberglass fenders. I was just curious about how they mount, like is there anything i have to do to make them fit or are they a complete bolt on? I'll prolly be gettin a pair real soon and would like to know what i have to look forward to. if any of ya'll have any input please feel free to pitch in.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All you need to do is take off the old ones, line up the new ones, drill the holes and mount them. You may need to shave certain parts along the door line, I know Paul B., Gopher and I all did. Good luck and welcome to the club.:)

from what i have heard and seen, custom brakets will have to be made to attach them to the lower body parts... they dont seam to be hard though, just bend some metal plating or strapping and all will be well....

Thanks

Thanks Fenderguy. i hope they'll line up even though i took a hammer to the back side of the OE fenders. but it should all work out. will i still use the black lining that's in the fender well?

I cut mine just enough so splashes can't get into the engine compartment. The best thing is to just mount the fenders and leave them on. If you want to you can cut them or take them completely off. Although leaving them on and not cutting them will look a little funny since the wheel well is opened up towards the rear you will be able to see the curve of the original fender. You'll understand once you do it. Mount them first and go from there. Eventually I would like to get some canvas inner wells made. Good luck!:hammer:

8" of lift and soon to be fiberglass...get some damn 35s on that thing!!!:p :D :rolleyes:

I'd say ditch the body lift if you're only going to 35's. But with the BL and 6" suspension, at least 37s. Hell, I'd go 37's with only the 6" and fenders...

YEAH get some 35's. :bounce:
I don't know about 37's though. If your not planning to take it to the trails then you'll be alright with it.

How does the dana 35 hold up?

how well does the dana 35 hold up with bigger tires? i know my front end was saggy with the 33x12.50's i used to run. I might test fit 37's to see how they fit and how much weight they pull down on the axle.

IMO, 37's would really be pushing your axle to the limits.

True

I think i'd wanna do a solid axle before considering running 37's as a daily. but 35's do pretty well with the Dana 35 then?

I've got 35's and it was fine... the 37's wont "pull it down" the problem comes with the strength of axle shafts, bearings, spindle thingys... etc.... street driving, i see a stock front end handling 37s fine.. wheelin is another story...
Pete

Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the input....i'll let ya'll know what i decide to run tire wise when i get this project completed.

I've had 37's for daily driving for 2 years now. For anything more than mild wheeling, I swap on the 35's.

Bill - Why? Because of the strength issues, or what?

Originally posted by BislamJoe
Bill - Why? Because of the strength issues, or what?
HUH!?!!?!?!?!?!?? The 37's er 35's?
Pete

I've run 35s for over 2 years and done the Rubicon and Truckhaven without problems till this last weekend. 35s will do just fine if you limit your wheel spin. I found this out the hard way:hammer:. I broke the drivers side axle this weekend trying to do CJHill with my front ARB engaged. I was doing ok untill I started spinning both front wheels then came done hard on the driver side stopping the tire from spinning and that's when a LOUD crack was heard. You can see the pictures at Return from TH tread. The D35 will do just fine with 35s if you adjust your driving habits accordingly.

I was asking why Bill ran 35's for the harder wheelin' instead of 37's.

Pics?

do any of you who have done this have pics of the engine compartment? do i have to relocate some items that are on the fenders?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright!

Alright...well that sounds easy enough. i went and saw my 4x4 guy today and he had to relocate things that were on his but his is a 98 Mazda. That makes me happy then. Thanks

Back