Floor, cargo mats / liners | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor, cargo mats / liners

Installed the Ford floor mats last night. Pretty happy with them. Once it rains or snows a lot and I have slippery shoes we will see how much better they are.

If anyone has seen the 2nd row oem, with the overlap flap, I feel like a smaller version of that would work well for the behind the rear seats and cargo area for when the 3rd row is up vs down and the mat can adapt easily without rolling up on itself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Weathertech full cargo liner. Piece of junk IMHO. It has no anti-slip nibs molded to the bottom. Thusly, it slides around on the carpet. Looks pretty, that's all

You should order the Smartliner from Amazon, I really like mine!
TBill

Take a look at the photo in post #83 page 5 of this thread.
TBill

Hello all,

Newbie here. I just installed OEM mats for my 2020 XLT. Front and Middle fitment is great.

Look how horrible the fitment is on the 3d row...
IMG_5840.jpg

Anyone have better fitment in the 3rd row with smart liner/weathertech/husky??

Cargo liner came today. What a difference. The Smartliner is a gem. Form-fit around the 3rd-row seatbelts and the cup holders.

Cargo liner came today. What a difference. The Smartliner is a gem. Form-fit around the 3rd-row seatbelts and the cup holders.
post some pictures

Here is a picture of the Smartliner for behind the 2nd row seats.

Attachments

• B9FC62CF-E291-4E17-8AAB-56ECB5CF6DFF.jpeg
    B9FC62CF-E291-4E17-8AAB-56ECB5CF6DFF.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 198

Anyone seen a rear cargo liner that will cover the back area when the 3rd row is down, but can fold to allow the rear seats to be raised?

The WeatherTech liner looks real nice, but what are you supposed to do with it if you have it in and need to use your third row (and are away from home obviously).

Thanks!

I have not seen one that folds or has an overlap like the oem 2nd row floor ones for the rear...I may have to do what I did with the Escape and just have outdoor carpet, cut to fit and make it 2 sections.

Anyone seen a rear cargo liner that will cover the back area when the 3rd row is down, but can fold to allow the rear seats to be raised?

The WeatherTech liner looks real nice, but what are you supposed to do with it if you have it in and need to use your third row (and are away from home obviously).

Thanks!
Your thread was merged with this one. There is a picture of a 'mat' that can be folded. I believe that most liners can be folded as well. I was able to roll up and fold my 2017 Explorer cargo mat.

Peter

Attachments

• Folded mat.JPG
    Folded mat.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 169

I went with the Smartiner set. Spilling orange juice this morning and spending an hour cleaning, vacuuming and cleaning some more. I got on here and took your suggestions. Wife’s Cadillac SRX has weathertech and not impressed.

Got my Smartliner’s in and the fit is perfect. Glad I took your advice

I am looking for recommendations for a brand of rear cargo mat that will also cover the backs of the third row seats. I purchased the Ford rear cargo mat on purchase but it looks stupid when I fold down seats also it real thin. I am looking for the moth durable and functional one out there. Looking for recommendations.
I have a 2023 Titanium and love it but afraid to slide something in it. Thanks in advance!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Is your vehicle a 2023 Edge? This is a 6th gen Explorer forum so members may not have the answers you seek. It seems you are looking for "liners" and not "mats". Have you checked out Husky and Weathertech liners? They are popular brands.
You might get more accurate info on a Ford Edge Forum.

Peter

Back