Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fact: per your recommendation 8 months ago from this forum, you mention he had the lowest price. I contacted two rivers and was quoted $150 higher then flood ford. Apples to Apples comparison. Purchase my 8 years 100k premium care coverage from Flood ford. Enough facts?

Before you start calling BS on someone, I'd highly recommend knowing your facts before posting. Comparing apples to apples, Joel at Two Rivers is cheaper then Flood (some as little as $15). I have priced out several in the past with Joel and flood to make sure of ithe (5 different contracts/terms).

Flood does not include 1st day rental where Joel does so there is a price gap there. The ford ESP contract INCLUDES 1st day rental standard. Flood Ford removes that option (contract has a "1st day delete" option to remove it as a standard option). So if you are not paying attention, you will not pick up on it.

And even if they were the same price (which they are not), why not give your business to someone who is a stand up guy? On more then one occasion, Joel had misquoted on accident and honored that price which he took a loss on. One was me, he quoted a gas motor instead of diesel and loss $300 on the deal. For another, he quoted a 5yr instead of 6yr and took a loss on that (different member) because he honored the 5yr quote for the 6yr term.

Find someone else that would do that.

Fact: per your recommendation 8 months ago from this forum, you mention he had the lowest price. I contacted two rivers and was quoted $150 higher then flood ford. Apples to Apples comparison. Purchase my 8 years 100k premium care coverage from Flood ford. Enough facts?

Sorry but I do not believe that it was an apples to apples comparison. Flood Ford would not sell an ESP at a $50 loss.

Care to give more specifics on your esp? What deductible? I assume based on a 2013 you were over the 1yr/12k? 1st day rental? Did you choose the enhanced rental?

I will be more then willing to eat my words if I am wrong but with over 100 referred people who bought from him in 41 states, I have yet to have 1 person say they found it cheaper yet alone under cost.

Sorry but I do not believe that it was an apples to apples comparison. Flood Ford would not sell an ESP at a $50 loss. FACT!
That's what I was wondering about as well. If the lowest price is $100 over cost and you buy another that is cheaper by $150, then doesn't someone have to be taking a $50 loss? :scratch:

Peter

That's what I was wondering about as well. If the lowest price is $100 over cost and you buy another that is cheaper by $150, then doesn't someone have to be taking a $50 loss? :scratch:

Peter

I could see it in regards to working it into a vehicle purchase price to make it look good but just a straight up ESP purchase from the net, no way anyone is selling them at a loss.

Just an FYI, I requested from Joel a 2013 Explorer 2wd with 8yr/100k premium and this is what he sent me.

"
A 96/100 would be $1565 with light and 1st day subtract $95 for lighting delete and $70 for 1st day rental. "

So to compare with Flood Ford, I built the same ESP and they are selling it for $1,400 ($100 deductible).

If you take the $1,565 and subtract the $95 and $70 so you are "apples to apples", you get $1,400 as well. So it seems that Flood lowered their pricing a little and are showing the same price which is $100 over cost but no where is it $150 cheaper then Joel.

And just to add a bit more of what Joel stated..
"He may have found a dealer willing to lose $50 to beat me. My Ford ESP rep said people are grumbling about the dealer in Nashville always beating them out on net sales."

Does anyone know if I want to cancel my ESP do I have to go the dealer I bought it from or can I call Ford and have it done?

Does anyone know if I want to cancel my ESP do I have to go the dealer I bought it from or can I call Ford and have it done?
Why not give them a call. I obtained the following info from the Ford website under ESP.

Current Plan Help
1-800-392-3673
M-F 9am-7pm EST

Peter

You must contact Ford, your dealer just sold it to you, Ford handles everything after you purchase it.

Why not give them a call. I obtained the following info from the Ford website under ESP.

Current Plan Help
1-800-392-3673
M-F 9am-7pm EST

Peter

Thanks

And I will also add that Joel will do the 24 month, 0% financing of an ESP plan, I do not believe the other dealers will do this unless this recently changed. I've seen several post they do not do Financing on them.

So Joe at Flood Ford is the cheapest plus the 0% financing for 24 months?

So Joe at Flood Ford is the cheapest plus the 0% financing for 24 months?

Joel from Two Rivers Ford does the 0% for 24 months. I only deal through him and have sent 50+ people to him. He is $100 over cost on all his plans.

Joel from Two Rivers Ford does the 0% for 24 months. I only deal through him and have sent 50+ people to him. He is $100 over cost on all his plans.

Ok that's in Mount Juliet, TN right?

so there is a 2012 Limited I may be considering purchasing. I went to http://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan to see what my options are and it said it cannot come up with an offer. The car has 44k miles on it, is there any remaining warranty left at this point? Is that why it could not come up with an offer?

so there is a 2012 Limited I may be considering purchasing. I went to http://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan to see what my options are and it said it cannot come up with an offer. The car has 44k miles on it, is there any remaining warranty left at this point? Is that why it could not come up with an offer?
The only warranty could be an ESP if the previous owner bought one. A dealer should be able to confirm that. What you would be buying is a "Used Car" ESP warranty which is typically more expensive than a regular one. It might be an idea to use the link provide in post 381 and see what you can come up with.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can buy a Ford Used Vehicle ESP but there are a few stipulations.

1) Your vehicle requires a specific inspection and it must pass that inspection. If it fails, you need to repair the issues first and then can purchase an ESP.

2) You have to wait 30 days from the purchase of the ESP for it to start covering your vehicle.

3) The ESP is purchased in 1year/12k increments. So you can purchase a 2 year, 48k or a 3 year, 24k etc for example.

4) Not all plans are available to you in all increments. Meaning that a Premium ESP may be restricted to certain year/mileage terms compared to the basic one. A dealership can go over your options.

And as Peter stated, they are more expensive then if it was purchased within the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty which would then be considered a new vehicle ESP.

Back