• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
As I was opening my third row seat yesterday in my 11 Explorer, which I have only used twice since getting the vehicle in 2014, I noticed one of the seats seams came apart and the leather seat cover is now coming off. Does anyone know if this is covered by my premium care ESP?
As per your PremiumCare brochure that lists items NOT covered;

Other Components and Repairs – Fabric, liners, fasteners,
carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
It is not covered under an ESP as Peter stated.

Zeuss

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
Extended warranty

What is the best extended warranty for 2013 Explorer? Brands and such.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
What is the best extended warranty for 2013 Explorer? Brands and such.
I merged your thread with an existing thread that discusses just about everything you need to know about ESPs.

To sum it up, only get a genuine FORD ESP.

I'd also highly recommend buying from Joel in post 183 in the link below. I have purchased many from him and have referred dozens to him for the best pricing out there.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312029&page=10

I see you have been on here for quite some time but this is your 1st post. I highly recommend using the search function before starting a new thread. just about every possible topic has been discussed on here and most in great length.

Zeuss

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer limited
Thanks for the help. I will try to be more careful in the future. I did try to search before posting but failed. Sorry about that. Guess that's why I don't post. Thanks again

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks for the help. I will try to be more careful in the future. I did try to search before posting but failed. Sorry about that. Guess that's why I don't post. Thanks again

No worries, feel free to post any time you want. That is what the forum is here for. Sometimes the search can be tricky. One tip is searching by key word instead of thread title so it searches through every thread out there.

Can't recommend Joel enough.

blueskies

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Ford ESP Review

Hello all--

New here, just purchased a new to us 2014 Ford Explorer. I am in the market for an Extended Service Plan for our Ford. Since the Explorer is all electric I decided we should purchase the extended service plan.

After speaking with my two local Ford dealers and calling, reading, and researching two third party extended service plans I was beginning to think I may not purchase a service plan. My local Ford dealers were pushy and said I had to sign up ASAP. The cost for a 6 year extended plan was through the roof. The third party providers were a joke in my book. They had to ok all work, they could use any parts they wanted, and they could decide not to cover the repairs at all. Forget that, sounds like medical insurance.

I happened to find this site and read about Joel Hawley at Twin Rivers Ford in TN.

After calling and speaking with Joel I knew I was going to do business with him. Joel put me at ease. Explaining everything, telling me that I had time to decide and not to be rushed. He gave me a quote and said to think about it no need to rush.

Originally I was going to call my local Ford dealer and see if he could match Joel's quote but after dealing with Joel I only wanted to give him my business.

Joel was ethical, nice, easy to work with, and a genuine good guy.

I gave Joel my business which saved me about $1,000!

Just wanted to write this review. I live 800 miles from Joel, never meet him, but feel strong enough to write this review.

There are fewer and fewer people like Joel in our world. If you want a hassle free experience please give Joel a call.

Joel Hawley
Two Rivers Ford
Mount Juliet, TN
888-208-5470

Last edited:

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Are you Joel Hawley? Strikes me as spam for a first post.

blueskies

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
No, I am not, just did business with him. Did you read my post? Never meet the guy, live 800 miles away?

How could I be him? In less you are accusing of lying?

This internet thing can be ruthless. I am trying to help out a hard working guy that did my family and I right.

If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Come on guys, lets keep this a clean post.

Last edited:

Lewisra

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer limited
Joel's been mentioned before. Also check andersonandkoch ford.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Are you Joel Hawley? Strikes me as spam for a first post.
Joel has his own user name on here. I've referred dozens of people to him and he is a legit guy. This person is not Joel.

Amazing that people question someones first post that is a positive experience compared to all the people who sign up here just to complain on their first post.

Nice to see someone else take advantage of his great pricing and service over the phone. Can't recommend him enough!!

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Joel has his own user name on here. I've referred dozens of people to him and he is a legit guy. This person is not Joel.

Amazing that people question someones first post that is a positive experience compared to all the people who sign up here just to complain on their first post.

Nice to see someone else take advantage of his great pricing and service over the phone. Can't recommend him enough!!
Isn't there is a Ford dealer who pays to advertising posts on here? I don't mind recommendations, but this came across as a free advertisement at another Ford dealer, and I would not be happy if I was the Ford dealer paying for advertising here.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
All site vendors are listed under the Vendors tab near the top of the page. The one I believe you are thinking of is a Ford parts and accessories dealer.

Peter

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hello all--

New here, just purchased a new to us 2014 Ford Explorer. I am in the market for an Extended Service Plan for our Ford. Since the Explorer is all electric I decided we should purchase the extended service plan.

After speaking with my two local Ford dealers and calling, reading, and researching two third party extended service plans I was beginning to think I may not purchase a service plan. My local Ford dealers were pushy and said I had to sign up ASAP. The cost for a 6 year extended plan was through the roof. The third party providers were a joke in my book. They had to ok all work, they could use any parts they wanted, and they could decide not to cover the repairs at all. Forget that, sounds like medical insurance.

I happened to find this site and read about Joel Hawley at Twin Rivers Ford in TN.

After calling and speaking with Joel I knew I was going to do business with him. Joel put me at ease. Explaining everything, telling me that I had time to decide and not to be rushed. He gave me a quote and said to think about it no need to rush.

Originally I was going to call my local Ford dealer and see if he could match Joel's quote but after dealing with Joel I only wanted to give him my business.

Joel was ethical, nice, easy to work with, and a genuine good guy.

I gave Joel my business which saved me about $1,000!

Just wanted to write this review. I live 800 miles from Joel, never meet him, but feel strong enough to write this review.

There are fewer and fewer people like Joel in our world. If you want a hassle free experience please give Joel a call.

Joel Hawley
Two Rivers Ford
Mount Juliet, TN
888-208-5470
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I've merged your thread with another on ESP. Glad you are happy with your ESP buying experience. Happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Casmit

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited
Extended Warranty

We are currently looking into an extended warranty for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited that has been ordered. Does anyone have suggestions for a good company to use or what companies to avoid? I know Ford offers a platinum protection. We have also looked at IWS premiere platinum protection (7 years/80,000 miles) which seems to be about 30% cheaper.

Last edited:

jmr061

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Edge
Pr-16 Exp Sport
Before everyone starts offering on line stuff, this came up in another forum:

""We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer."

Casmit

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited
Vystar, our local credit union, is offering the IWS plan. I'm sure other extended service plans are offered in Florida too. However, I was unaware of that law and look into it.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
We are currently looking into an extended warranty for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited that has been ordered. Does anyone have suggestions for a good company to use or what companies to avoid? I know Ford offers a platinum protection. We have also looked at IWS premiere platinum protection (7 years/80,000 miles) which seems to be about 30% cheaper.
Using the search function can be a really good tool to finding what you are looking for. I have merged your thread in the current discussion of this.

As stated, Florida requires all service contracts to be sold at retail (no discounts). I would NEVER buy a 3rd party, only Genuine Ford ESPs for MAY reasons listed in here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Thoughts On "FORD PROTECT" Extended Service Plan? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 22
A Ford Extended Warranty Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
L The Value of the Ford ESP Extended Warranty Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 9
N APIM, extended warranty by ford Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 41
U Ford Explorer Extended Warranty purchase Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
J 2018 Ford Explorer Lift Gate Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
D 13 Ford Explorer Light Module Location Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
A 2012 Ford Explorer XLT Front Suspension Clunking Noise Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 17
L 2012 Ford Explorer Ambient Lighting Wiring Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
J How to replace a rear broken stud 2016 Ford Explorer Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
D 2016 Ford Explorer - Timing Problem Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 9
M Where are you buying Ford parts during COVID-19? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
A 2016 Ford Explorer rattle Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 8
P 2017 Ford Explorer Limited drivers side LED fog light has quit working Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
B 2017 Water Pump? New to Ford forum. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 16
J Looking at a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5L Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 16
G 2012 Ford Explorer blower motor resistor Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
D 2016 Ford Explorer Sport seat uncomfortable Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 1
G 2014 Ford Explorer low oil pressure light Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 8
M Sport wheels and tires with Ford tire sensors Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
M 2018 Ford Explorer XLT 3.5L. Right side engine bay whine/whistle noise Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 16
C 2016 Ford Explorer Sport, Passenger floorboard completely flooded Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 11
B 2014 Ford Exployer Sport Leak in passenger floor board Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
J 2018 Ford Explorer XLT horn issue Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
R APIM reset for Ford Escape Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
C 2015 Ford Explorer Keeps blowing interior light #12 fuse. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
E Spring like sound after Ford´s toe link recall update Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
D About to join the Ford Explorer Sport family.. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
A 2016 Ford Exploer Sport LED Foglights Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
U Contribute your experience: Ford Explorers 2016-2019 Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 11
R 2018 Ford Explorer Sport electrical issues Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 2
D Gas Additive for Ford Explorer Sport Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 6
T Disappointed With Ford Sevice Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 16
F Rear Climate Control Cuts Out...Ford Unable To Diagnose Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 6
mattadams Back in a Ford Explorer after years away! Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
M 2013 Ford Explorer Dash Noise\Grinding-Not a blend door I think Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
O 2012 Ford Explorer ignition lock reset Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 3
J Ford Dealer uses rubber band to fix issue Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
B Ford knowingly sold two vehicles with faulty transmissions. Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
G $$$ Dollar Value of 2017 Ford Explorer Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 5
K How Ford Lost a New Customer Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 9
P 2015 Ford Explorer Limited stalling at intersections/idle Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 4
T Ford ESP owner with rental coverage- loaners provided during service? Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 14
N Ford Explorer 2016 AC not working grey out Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
G 2013 Ford Explorer XLT Rear camera replacement Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 13
D 2017 Ford Explorer Sport stock exhaust Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 10
L Unnecessary Repairs mandated by Ford Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 14
E Comparisons between 2014-2015 models vs 2016 and up Ford Explorer Sport Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 20
expoman55 Ford support members of this forum Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 7
J Great Experience with Larry Miller Ford Lakewood, Colorado Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion 6