• Register Today It's free!

Front left side lower than right

andrewlcarson

Reaction score
City, State
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 Eddie Bauer
I just bought a 97 ford explorer sport. Its a four door 4x4. Everything is great but the owner told me he got into a bad wreak involving the front right of the car. Well he took it to a place to get the frame fixed and then got a new axle. My problem is that when looking at the front left of the explorer you can see that it is leaning towards the ground. The tires need to be aligned which I am about to take it in. When it get aligned I hope that will fix it. If not what do you think could be causing it to sag?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be the torsion bars are off and which if it is that have the shop fix that before alignment because it will need realigned if you move them afterwards.

Well he said that when he took it to the shop they said they fixed everything so that it could be aligned. I mean if one side sags lower than the other couldn't I just put a lift on one side?

Well if it is your torsion bars they wouldn't be broken so they wouldn't need fixed just adjusted to be at the correct ride hieght. Now putting a lift on one side wouldn't work because it would mess with your alignment even if you had it aligned after instalation. And it would probably be higher than the other side in the end lol. Just check your torsion bars for being adjusted differently on the sagging side. Also could be the shock is shot like crazy or maybe the shock mount on the control arm got jacked up and wasn't replaced.

Well thanks I am taking it up to goodyear and letting them take a look at it. I will ask them to look at the torsion bars and see if the problem lurks there.

Another problem is when accelerating I hear a whistling sound around 30-50 mph. It will only whistle if I push on the petal. Could it be something with the axle?

Back