Gas Type | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gas Type

DDF

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 XLT
The dealer told me to put premium gas in for the first 1,000 miles, but the manual says to put regular unleaded. Opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regular! Premium will only cost you more money and will not help the car.

I wonder if your dealer also owns the gas station you normally use?!?

The dealer told me to put premium gas in for the first 1,000 miles, but the manual says to put regular unleaded. Opinions?
I don't know the dealer's reasoning as to why you should use premium when the manual says to use regular. Haven't heard that one before! I used regular and I'm sure that is what you will find that the Explorer's tank will be filled with when it arrives.
Welcome to the Forum DDF. :wavey:

Peter

Regular. Dealer is full of it..Maybe he has a stake in one of the local gas stations?

...same uneducated reasoning goes into changing the oil after the first 1000 miles.....

I always get regular.... But I was at the pump the other day and was so shocked by the much higher than average price of this particular station that I said what the hell, if I get robbed I might as well go all the way, so I filled up with BP ultimate 93 $4.50 gas.
Difference? Nothing. Same mileage, same power, same sound.

Back