Hello im ELITE! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello im ELITE!

Hey my name is James and this is my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac (working on it slowly)

Type 6-Cylinder, 60° V, Single Overhead Cam, 12V
Displacement 4.0L (245 CID)
Gears 4.10 OD
Horsepower 210 @ 5200 (SAE net @ rpm)
Torque 240 @ 3000 (lb.-ft. @ rpm)

5 speed Automatic
16-inch Bright Cast Aluminum Wheels
Leather
Power Moonroof
Power Windows/Locks
Speed Control
4 Wheel ABS
Remote Keyless Entry
Overhead Console w/Electronic Compass and Outside Temperature
Truck Bed Extender
Independant SLA Suspension
Side Impact Beams
2ND Gen Dual Front Airbags
Power Back Window
Roof Rails

Things I've Added Since (not much)
Clear Corners
MAC Chrome Intake Kit
Bosch Spark Plug Wires
Billet Grille
Billet Bumper Grille
Billet Knobs
Billet Licence Plate
Billet Brake Light Cover
APC Euro Tails
EE Sway Bar
Removed Roof Rails
ScanGauge 3-in-1 Automotive Computer
Redline Gothic Pedels
Blue Turn Signal (Matches Headlights when on)
Panasonic CQ-C8301U
4 Blaupunkt PCxb573 5X7 Speakers

Things i've still yet to Do but will (one day)
TT Twist (Lower)
New Rims
Tint Front Windows (35% MD legal)
Paint Grey Cladding
Fix 2 Dents in Engine Hood
New Paint Job
New Sub
Chip w/ Rev Limit Removed

Things i Have but need to Install
White Gauges (Speedo, Rear Stereo Controls and HVAC)
Sport Trac All Silver Badges
Chrome Tail Gate Handle
Billet Tie Down Replacments
3-in-1 Fog/Driving/Strobe Lights
3" Drop Blocks for Rear
Flowmaster 40 Series Single In/Dual Out System
New Spark Plug Wire Set

Here are some pictures.
PICT0934.jpg

PICT0933.jpg

PICT1107.jpg

PICT1110.jpg

PICT1113.jpg

PICT1115.jpg

PICT1117.jpg

PICT1116.jpg

PICT0510.jpg

PICT0515.jpg

PICT0632.jpg

Here are some newer pictures (05/06/05) installed the bumper billet grille that came in the mail today and also took off those damned roof racks (question) whats the best way to get all the gunk and **** clean from under the roof racks? its mighty dirty under there and i washed it off but still some nasty gunk on there.

PICT1138.jpg

PICT1137.jpg

PICT1136.jpg

PICT1141.jpg

PICT1140.jpg

PICT1142.jpg

PICT1144.jpg

PICT1145.jpg

PICT1146.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice...what happened to your hood? :eek:

Wow nice truck, way to step up and support the site!

I love the trac, the last of the good Explorer's :) looks great, can tell you have the bug :)

Crankcase said:

I parked it under the wrong tree during a thunderstorm and *BLAM* some big sticks dropped onto the hood and banged it up on the lip Im thankful it didnt do more damage and crack my windshield or something worse

410 : Thanks its a good thing to support those who help with problems and I used the last of my tax return to become elite I was gonna do it next week when I got paid but couldnt pass up the killer deal Rick had going and said "what the hell" and This is the first "real" auto i've had that i could fix up and customize (had an older VW Fox before that was a junker) and since i've found this site i've been finding ways and things to do to better the truck.

Very nice Sport Trac. I like that color a lot. The grill looks great! Good job!

-Drew

Crankcase said:

Man, you guys have some hawk eyes. I had to relook over all the pictures a few times to find it.

Very nice track though. When I repaint mine, it will probably be that color.

BeauJ said:
Man, you guys have some hawk eyes. I had to relook over all the pictures a few times to find it.

Very nice track though. When I repaint mine, it will probably be that color.

I love to scrutinize pics...I always check out objects other than the focus of the pic.:D

Nice S/T ions! I really like the look of it, escpecially with that color.

ions said:
(had an older VW Fox before that was a junker)
I'd definitely say that you moved up a good bit with your two new trucks. :cool:

FROADER said:
Are you going to get a grill with tighter lines to match the bottom one or keep it the way it is?

I was thinking about getting a tighter one but the main grille was a PITA to do in the first place...15min job my ass.

You only have one chance for a first impression.... Not bad.... Not bad at all.... I think you have that "CAN DO" personality. I wish you well.

Oh ha, one thing else, as soon as I get my next disability check, around the 16 of the month, I will be an elite. There, I put it up for everyone to see.

Thanks Rookieshooter for those kind words. I think i have a "CAN DO" personality I just wish I had "THE MONEY" to do it all faster :D and congrats on becoming elite also maybe rick will hook ya up with that sweet deal he had going :D

Just got a ScanGauge can't wait to use it i've heard it was really good and could'nt pass up the deal I got and shipping was also awesome it took only 2 days to get here.

PICT1297.jpg

PICT1298.jpg

Some installed shots.

PICT1304.jpg

PICT1307.jpg

PICT1306.jpg

PICT1305.jpg

PICT1311.jpg

Very nice display and very bright.

How hard was it to install?

j602 said:
How hard was it to install?

Not hard at all its all Plug-n-Play just plug it into the OBD2 port and you're pretty much done other than setting some stuff up like your engine size, fuel tank size and other little things. Its pretty neat and well worth the money and comes with velcro so you can pretty much stick it anywhere in the truck.

New pedels

PICT1346.jpg

Got them at autozone for $4.99 and also bought some nice 3 in 1 fog/driving/strobe lights at autozone for $19.99 they had alot of stuff marked down hopefully i won't cut my bare feet on the pedels cause i like to drive barefoot :D

nice looking sport trac you got there ions it looks ####in awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought a new Head Unit and Speakers

Just bought a Panasonic CQ-C8301U Head unit and Blaupunkt PCxb573 5X7 Speakers (i know they arent anything great but im no longer 16 and want to be blown outta my truck) I got bought them for $20 a pair so i couldnt pass up the deal and they sounded pretty good not sure if im gonna power them with an amp yet RMS is 50w and peak is like 150w and sooner or later i'll reinstall my 10' sub box also but with a new sub since the old one was blown.

BLAPCXB573_1.jpg

PANCQC8301U_1.jpg

Back