help me find tires since they don't offer mine. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help me find tires since they don't offer mine.

I have been running the Kumho M/T 31/10.50/15 for 5 years. I ahve bought some Mustang 17" alloys that are surprisingly light. I want to fit these with 33s. Kumho no longer offers the 33s or 285/70/17 for some reason. They do offer the 265/70/17, but those are 31.9".

I like the Kumhos because they are relatively quiet, and I have more than 70,000 miles on them. They ride great on the road, and they perform really well off road. They look really good. And they are under $200 each.

Can you guys recommend a tire that meets or exceeds the above description? Close to 33" actual diameter

no body huh?
I find it hard to believe that no one has an opinion on 33" m/t tires.

Parapahoe has 33's and went from the Kumho M/T's to the Goodyear Duratracs:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297587

I'd say there are plenty of MT choices in 33's, but the restriction of 17" wheels is what will narrow the choices.

The BFG MT KM2's take the cake when it comes to sizing (they offer both the 33" 285/70R17, and a less expensive 255/80R17 that is 33.3"), but there are plenty of other choices by Firestone (Destination M/T), Goodyear (MT/R and the Duratracs), and Kumho offers a new choice, the Road Venture MT KL71, but it looks like it might be more of a rugged-looking street tire for big rims, which may be perfect for 17's. They don't yet offer a 285/70R17, but they have limited sizes, so they may have more soon.

After reading hundreds of reviews and specs, I settled on the Firestones. I hope that Kumho will release a 33 for 17s before these wear out.
Thanks

Back