Here is my Daily driver | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here is my Daily driver

my one board air runs off my A/C compressor. I can turn on the ac and it fills my tank. If im out wheelin and air down my tires, all I have to do is plug in a air line and I can air back up. Its like having a small air compressor on board

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats sweet. Are you still able to use the air conditioning? or is the compressor dedicated to the air tanks now?

it is dedicated to the air tank, it really doesnt get warm enough here for me to need AC

Im still running the 2.9 and for now it runs great. For tires I will be running somewhere in the nature of 36's so I need to find out what gears are going to work the best for now.

well, a buddy of mine gave me a 90 Ranger that was rolled so now I have a good 4.0 with a trans......

I gave her one last run through Tahuya and lost the passenger side glass, drivers door and glass, something gave way in the rear end, and now she wont do much over 30 mph.

Im in the middle of finding body parts and putting her back together. Im also pulling the dash and column in favor of the ranger parts so the 4.0 swap will be a little easier.

damage001.jpg

BII001.jpg

bii001-1.jpg

bii002-1.jpg

bii003.jpg

bii004.jpg

Nice find on the Ranger parts. ;)
Seems your going to have your work cut out for ya.
What shape are the body mounts, or more precise the metal that the rubber mounts sets between? This might be an area that needs some attention.

Believe it or not the mounts and the rubber are in excellent shape, I was ver supprised to see that.

Yeah I do have my work cut out..... my plans are 4.0 swap, dash swap, full interior cage, I need to finish trimming the fenders than I can finally swap out to the Dana 44 that has been sitting in my garage. Throw on some new wheels and tires and new bumpers and see what happens from there....

You did all that damage at Tahuya

lol....yep, you would be amazed at what you can do if you put your mind to it

Back