Hid kits cheap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hid kits cheap

yea 8000K is a very light robbin's egg blue... thats the best color comparison i could think of lol... i think it looks really nice... i cant wait to get them in next week

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

VVME has the same pricing. I used them before I became affiliated with Flashtech. The ballasts on these direct-kits keep going bad, The seals are bad to the ballasts also, water leaks in frequently.

i believe after 14,000K ish they begin to get more purple in color.

Limited, the 5000k's are indeed bright, but have a pretty yellow color to them and doesnt look very clean. the 6000k's are almost as bright and appear to be PURE white in color. ive gone through quite a few lights (starting with 35w 8000K's, ive done pretty much every color there is. and i have been MOST satisfied with my 50w 6000k's. they produce 30% MORE light than the 35W's(somthing around 5200 lumens PER bulb, so i produce over 30,000 lumens when i have all my lights going...scary...) ... my high beams have been clocked out at almost a MILE.

VVME has the same pricing. I used them before I became affiliated with Flashtech. The ballasts on these direct-kits keep going bad, The seals are bad to the ballasts also, water leaks in frequently.

We were using them before as well at SSC, always had customers coming back because an HID went out or whatever. Can't remember the new company name, but way better quality product.

Also,
For second gens,
9006 - low beam only
9007 - hi/lo beam through switch
H1 - fog lights

HID headlights and fog lights at about 10,000K look REALLY good, trust me.

10000k is as blue as it gets. Nothing happens if you don't get projectors. Just people who stare at your lights will get blinded.

You don't have to stare at the lights to get blinded by them, the halogen housings simply aren't designed for HID lights. That is why most cars that have HIDs from the factory are projectors (or have different housings from standard headlights)......they are engineered to focus the light where it needs to be.

Not trying to be a ball buster, just pointing out that simply tossing HIDs into factory halogen housings is not only dangerous for other drivers, but isn't giving you the best lighting performance that the HIDs can produce. If you ever drive a car with factory HIDs you will see what I mean, there is a very sharp line, you can see where the light is focused, which is why I advocate the projector housings. Might as well do it right and get your money's worth along with the best visibility you can.

EDIT - and again, most factory HID headlights are 4300k for a reason. I would rather trust the engineers from a car company versus some fly by night light maker

Those blue lights bug the crap out of you when you are driving on the highway at night. They may look cool sitting still, but to oncoming traffic they are a severe eyesore. For some reason they have a blinding effect. Please be considerate.

K thanks :D

the problem is this, no one makes projector headlights for 3rd and 4th gen explorers yet. You can get projector fog lights, but they are poorly made. 4300K is selected because they most closely math the color of hologen bulbs to the naked eye. and because it is the ONLY Color legal in all 50 states.

Second gen explorers, 95-01 and 01-03 sports and sport tracs use 9007 bulbs. 9007 is a dual filament bulb meaning it has high and low beam in one bulb. 91-94 explorers use 9004 which is the older version of the 9007. 02-05 use the 9005 and 9006 bulbs. 9005 is the high beam and 9006 is the low beam. Not sure about anything after 05.

Dan

4th gens use the 9009 (or H13 i think). and still use the 9145 bulb in the fogs (h10)

so whats the difference between the hi/lo kit and the bi-xenon kit? i ordered the 9007 10000k hi/lo kit

i THINK the high low kit comes with a magneticly opperated base that lowers and rases the bulb for high and low beams. and the bi kit actualy has two bulbs in it.... dont quote me though.

Bi doesnt have 2 bulbs, thats what I ordered for my 92 a while back, it does the magnetic pullling thing which in my opinion SUCKS, because I literally saw NO difference, besides the light scattering on the road differently. My uncles friend had the same kit (Well it was a 9007 I believe) in his F150, and had the Bi kit, and it was the same thing for him too, the light pattern did not shine higher, it just looked like a different pattern.

im hoping to have my HID kit in by friday at the latest, and since i did not buy HID's for my fog lights, i wanted to try out some yellow lense film, so im not running a blueish light with regular white fog lights. i like the look of HID's with yellow fog's and i dont know why lol

anyone know where i could find the yellow film ? or know a name brand that i could look for ???

thanks fella's

yellow window tint would be my guess. Why don't you do a 3000k hid set up?

i already changed the factory bulbs out and put in Sylvania Silverstars, so i already have a brighter bulbs, and i just wanna to try tint first.

well to each his own. All I'm sugjesting is that you won't be satisfied with how dirty the tinted halogen light looks compaired to your HIDs. And will eventually go hid anyways. I know I did. Just trying to save you some time and money lol. Aways. Really looking forward to updated pics man!!

well then i think i may have to take your advice then...

i have to call the company today anyway, cause my computer froze for a minute when i ordered, and my computer clicked the item i wanted 2 times for checkout so they need to refund my money for the accidental order... ill speak with them and ask about the fog kits

your lo's and fogs look like they match. are they each 6000K ?

i love the look you have, if i get hid fogs then i wont do the yellows, ill go matching or as close as possible...

the input is much appreciated fella !

so not going yellow hu? ive heard yellow HID's have amazing contrast on the road surface. So long as you go with the same company, your lights should match up just about perfectly. I kinda feel like im hijacking your vehicle lol, id like to apologize.

P.s. if your unsatisfied with the color of your lights later, you can order replacement bulbs from ebay or somplace fairly cheep and change the color that way, i jumped around a lot before i settled on 6000's. ive gone from everything from ricer blue, purple, pink(while my gf drove her), green.. i think the only color i didnt use was 3000's... i did all of this for less than 100 bucks... its kinda handy actualy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not at all fella !!

i welcome the thoughts, and comments :thumbsup:

i was only going to go yellow fogs, cause i was going to keep the silverstars inservice, so i would have a color contrast with HID and Halogen. what your X has it what i really want, the yellow film would have onlt been temporary anyway. but since the money is already out of my account i mine as well commit to full HID's now while i put out the money...

just for kicks could you post a pick of your X with the lights on ???

Back