how bad have you been ?? | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not in my explorer but on my bike...pulled while doing a wheelie on the interstate for 2 miles.

ticket said riding on 1 wheel only from marker176 to 178

I was asked why i didnt pull over immediately. I said i couldnt look behind me while i was nose high. I deserved to get pulled. the ticket was dropped in court, dont ask me why.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Let's see here... Back in time to a couple of months of LEGAL driving, I got pegged going 43 in a 25. (I was actually going 47 on my speedo, but down shifted as I crested the hill) City cop (old jerk) spends 30 minutes in his cruiser before giving me the ticket. Then he started having a conversation with me about my family. (???)

Had I been clocked at 47, I would have spent 24 hours in jail, had my license suspended for 2 years, and had my car impounded. No good. But a $500 ticket wasn't nice either!

I don't think that my exhaust helped me either...

IMG_2778.jpg

Speaking if exhaust... Reminded me of the time me and my buddy got pulled over for "street racing" in one of the smaller towns around here.

Me in the ex, and my buddy in his cherokee. We left the light at the same time side by side, and kept the same pace BELOW the 55 mph speed limit. We were pulled over by two officers in two cars. The officer I got was the typical "those damned kids" old cop. His first question was

Officer1:"What are you boys doing?"
Me: "I'm pretty sure we were driving."
Officer1: "No. You boys were street racing."
Me: "No. We were driving."

At this time the other officer and my friend came over.

Officer1: "I heard you boys' pipes all the way back there." He points back the way we came.
Me: "Neither of us have the most quiet vehicles in the world. And we were under the speed limit."
Officer2: "It's still a contest of acceleration."
Me: "My truck has over 300,000 miles and I'm running 33" tires with stock gears. It has no acceleration."
Officer1: "Well we're just going to let you boys off with a warning. I better not catch you street racing in my town again."

Now this is the part I find interesting. "My town" They were out of jurisdiction. Both were City of Phoenix, which is on the other side of Talent.

It was 10 years or so, I had a company car going on a service call. I was on a two lane highway behind a person drivng so s-l-o-w and looking all around. I was getting more inpatient and of course, couldn't pass. So, when they finally turned off. I took off! It was on was on a small hill. When I went over the top. I passed a State Police coming the other way. Needles to say he turned around. He said he had me clocked at 80 in a 55. After be polite to him, being disrespectful doesn't work. He wrote me for 10 over, $110.00 and 3 ponits.

Tickets, tickets, tickets.

6 out of date inspections (4 were thrown out)
3 no insurance (2 were thrown out)
5 driving with a suspended license (all thrown out)
1 40 in a 30 (thrown out)
6 driving with suspended registration (all thrown out)
1 tail light out

The only speeding ticket I didnt get thrown out was a bullshit one.

I was delivering a customers car (03 escape 4x4 3.0) to them upstate. Going up the throughway I had cruise on and set to 72mph (speed limit is 65). I have my speedo and gps clocking me at 72 just to be on the safe side. Was on a nice 3hr run, I passed about 4 troopers previously and had no issue. This ##### decided to pull me over and tell me I was doing 84mph. I said "sir, my gps and speedometer both had me doing 72mph" this big nosed ##### goes "Well the gps isnt calibrated to the car, and the speedometer is obviously broken."

I was PISSED.

it was a nice june night. about 8:30 the air flowing through my hair. all my windows down in my dads SHO. it has a really loud exhaust (broken flex pipe). i pass a worthington cop (bunch of stuck up old cops) we catch eyes and im going about 38 in a 35, nothing to be pulled over about (except broken windsheild) i pass an old grandma going about 25 in a 35 (i know the speed traps around here)

so anywho we catch eyes all i think is "oh $#!t!!!" he pulls into dairy queen and backs out as im approaching the next roadi turn right knowing that i dont want a ticket. as i round the corner i see his lights turn on so i stomp it. hit about 40 in the 25. here is the thing though when i turned right i hit the back roads and started turning at every turn. spent about 15 mins weaving through there back too my house. i go too my dads and park it and pick up my EX. and go too my mom's who lives in worthington (my dad is just out of the jurisdiction of them) and as i cross the line i see the same cop still driving around i just gave him a smile and kept going.

lets say that in the last 6 months i have been followed by them. never been pulled over. i look back at it and think why didnt i just pull over? but it was way more fun

My worst, two days after returning from my deployment, I was late for a surprise midnight formation. So I leave my parents house at 1230, I'm nearing Camp Pendelton, I got pulled over doing 95 down the I-5 freeway by the CHP.

it was a nice june night. about 8:30 the air flowing through my hair. all my windows down in my dads SHO. it has a really loud exhaust (broken flex pipe). i pass a worthington cop (bunch of stuck up old cops) we catch eyes and im going about 38 in a 35, nothing to be pulled over about (except broken windsheild) i pass an old grandma going about 25 in a 35 (i know the speed traps around here)

so anywho we catch eyes all i think is "oh $#!t!!!" he pulls into dairy queen and backs out as im approaching the next roadi turn right knowing that i dont want a ticket. as i round the corner i see his lights turn on so i stomp it. hit about 40 in the 25. here is the thing though when i turned right i hit the back roads and started turning at every turn. spent about 15 mins weaving through there back too my house. i go too my dads and park it and pick up my EX. and go too my mom's who lives in worthington (my dad is just out of the jurisdiction of them) and as i cross the line i see the same cop still driving around i just gave him a smile and kept going.

lets say that in the last 6 months i have been followed by them. never been pulled over. i look back at it and think why didnt i just pull over? but it was way more fun

Years ago I had an '85 300zx. I picked it up for $200 from a tow yard (the clutch would flop to the floor and they thought this meant the tranny was toast. :D ). I was cruising down a new road when I decided to make a u turn. Turns out I ended up right in front of a cop. Got pulled over and nabbed for
  • No license. (I never carry it, I've always just given cops my DL #)
  • No registration. (Didn't even have plates)
  • No insurance.
  • No exhaust. (It had literally fallen off a few days earlier, haha).

The cop said he was supposed to tow my car but let me slide because I told him I was just driving it to a friend's house to weld a muffler on so I could get it smoged and registered.

With all the infractions, the total was just under $1000.00!

I had about a month until my court date so I went and got a temporary registration. I showed up to court and learned that the normal judge wasn't there. The replacement judge spent a while at the beginning to explain that he has a different system than most; you could plead guilty, not guilty, or "guilty with a good reason".

When I got called up, I gave the bailiff a folder with all the receipts from the work I've been doing on the car and explained that I was driving to get an exhaust put on so I could smog, register, and insure the car.

All charges dropped, no fines or points. :cool:

Then there was another time I got tagged doing 57 in a school zone. The cop gave the whole schpiel of "you know how fast you were going, blah blah" I told him I was going the speed limit. He said I absolutely was not. We went back and forth for a while and eventually he just gave up and let me go. I have no idea how that worked, but I was not going to question it. haha

~Rev

When I was 16 and had my 94 BMW 540, I got pulled over doing 110, cop was really cool and only gave me a ticket for 5 over. Needless to say, that was my last time moving at that speed on the freeway.

didnt get a ticket, but a warning

got a call that PGE was doing work drilled through the main water line into the property and could not find the shut off valve to turn it off.... i kept 60 through a 40 zone for about 10miles passed 4 cops and noone tagged me, but soon as i turned the street corner i got pegged doing 60 in a 25, only reason he lit me up was cuz i turned off my hazards as i pulled into the drive way

only real ticket i got was a "California Stop" and a Fix-It for a plate light...

funny thing is , i can speed all day long on the freeway.... made it from SF Bay Area to Whittier CA in 4hrs ... average speed was 110... once i got to Gorman i slowed down as there is usually a speed trap at the top...

also made it from CA to NC in 26hrs, average speed was 90-95 on I40, never saw a cop until i got into Ark, so super trooper decided to pull me over cuz i did not move to the right when he was behinde, i was like WTF, you didnt have your lights on, he said well thats not the way it works here ...

super trooper decided to pull me over cuz i did not move to the right when he was behinde, i was like WTF, you didnt have your lights on, he said well thats not the way it works here ...

This happened to me too. I just crossed into Illinois and less than a minute later, I got lit up. He didn't stop when I pulled over though, he just turned off his lights and kept going.

Is it really that difficult to go around somebody?

This happened to me too. I just crossed into Illinois and less than a minute later, I got lit up. He didn't stop when I pulled over though, he just turned off his lights and kept going.

Is it really that difficult to go around somebody?

thats just it i was in the fast lane, passing a line of truckers.... i had no where to pull to the right lol....unless i wanted to be a pancake! i think it was just he saw CA plates and was ooooooo lets get em hoss...

One of my friends just got $3,000 ticket, for drifting his 240SX in the Costco parking lot. He thought he was going to jail, he sat in the back of the cops car for over 20 mins.

92 in a 55 in Philly. Wreckless Driving ticket and loss of license for 6 months. Luckily I got out of the loss of license by going to court

Well, back in HS(I was 16) my Rangers battery was dead so I asked my dad if I could drive his car. It was a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo. Got to school, a friend wanted to go for a spin so I said, "SURE:D" Cruised up the street, turned around and I came upon a slow moving car. Dropped it into 4th and mashed the go pedal and passed the car going 89mph(in a 55mph zone) How did I figure that out? Passed a cop coming straight at me just as I passed the car that was going slow.

I pulled over ASAP and waited for him to turn around and so we could chat. Gave him my license and told him I had NO registration, tags or insurance(dad just got the car) He said "you need to get that," and proceded to walk away until I rementioned that I didn't have any of that because it seemed like a big deal? He picked up on what I said and asked what the tag on the car was from(my truck) and then mentioned how he could have it towed, I'd have to pay a big fine for speeding(+$600), etc. I begged him that I will take the car straight home or do two weeks of community service so I don't have to pay. He looked at me for a sec and then walked back to his car. 5 min later he came back and said, "go to school, after school take the car home. If I see it again without proper tag or insurance, it'll be towed and I'll have to pay the fine."

Sooooo, I drove to school and did exactly as told. I was 16, no tags or insurance and got a WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckiest day of my life:D

Then last year I was driving to my parents and was running LATE. Got pulled over for doing 89 in a 70. I was able to pay extra so that it wouldn't go on my record and as long as I didn't get another ticket in the same county in 6 months, I would be free. If I did get a ticket within those 6 months in the same county, I'd have to pay the original fee of the speeding ticket, plus the speeding ticket would go on my record along with whatever new one I got.

So, the only ticket I've ever gotten is the speeding ticket that shouldn't show up;) I learned from that one that no matter how late you may be, speeding isn't worth it because you indanger yourself, others and if you get pulled over, it makes you even more late.

Got pulled over in my old Focus on the highway going about 85 in a 60. Luckily I have a clean record the cop knocked it to under 10. No points and only about 150$ I think...

73 in a 55 rt 3 in culpeper VA, state cop, 170 dollar ticket
68 in a 35 brandy road, brandy station VA, state cop, just a warning.

Both were in a four banger ranger, the cops haven't seen my sport trac yet! Hehe

One more ranger story, one really dark night, cop turned his lights on behind me on a backroad (I was doing 60 in a 45), I book it around a sharp, blind, sweeping curve that has a dirt road that runs off to the inside of the turn, turned quick down the (straight) dirt road, shut off the lights and coasted (so no brake lights) til I saw him run by the turn in my rearview.

Tickets, tickets, tickets.

6 out of date inspections (4 were thrown out)
3 no insurance (2 were thrown out)
5 driving with a suspended license (all thrown out)
1 40 in a 30 (thrown out)
6 driving with suspended registration (all thrown out)
1 tail light out

The only speeding ticket I didnt get thrown out was a bullshit one.

I was delivering a customers car (03 escape 4x4 3.0) to them upstate. Going up the throughway I had cruise on and set to 72mph (speed limit is 65). I have my speedo and gps clocking me at 72 just to be on the safe side. Was on a nice 3hr run, I passed about 4 troopers previously and had no issue. This ##### decided to pull me over and tell me I was doing 84mph. I said "sir, my gps and speedometer both had me doing 72mph" this big nosed ##### goes "Well the gps isnt calibrated to the car, and the speedometer is obviously broken."

I was PISSED.

How do you calibrate a gps to a car? Lol you should've asked if his radar unit was "calibrated" to his car haha

the other night i was drivin from a movie and saw something weird on top of a ford escape. turned out it was a couple kids throwing eggs at my exploder!!! so i slam on my brakes (was going 40) and whipped a Uie (lucky it was wet that night haha) i chased them through 25 mph backroads at about 45 for about 10 mins!! they finnally followed a dead end road so i blocked them in and they drove through someones yard and hit my steel plate bumper haha. so i turned around and they pulled into a driveway and i blocked them in. it turned out to be 4 girls in the car!!!! wtf!?!?! so i called the cops and he asked why my brakes were smokin :rolleyes: i smiled and he said go ahead and head home. (i love how my gf works at a popular coffe shop in edmonds and we know all of the edmonds cops!)

any who im glad i put all those new parts on my explorer it helped out alot:thumbsup:

Back