How Many Miles are on Your Explorer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

94 XLT. 188K miles. New tranny 10k miles ago. Shifts like a dream. New struts and ball joints. Original motor doesn't tick or burn oil.

IMG_20161206_121050_zpsqgdkvw7z.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1993 Limited, 226,000 miles and going very very strong. Owned it since it was brand new. All service done by myself. Only second transmission. Every other major component is original. Literally everything works....every button, switch, light, etc. I just do routine maintenance lubing window parts in the winter, changing suspension parts when necessary etc. (Only rebuilt trans once, replaced fuel pump, battery cables, starter, and just other routine wear parts). It is my daily driver. I have retrofitted HID projectors into the stock headlights and replaced the fog lights with HID projector halogens. I've used this truck for EVERYTHING. Lots of towing. Heavy winter use in some really bad winters. I have very aggressive studdable winter tires on in the winter and I've rescued a lot of people/vehicles through snow deep enough it was well above the fog lights. In love with this thing.

Did an engine oil analysis test on my last oil change. They said the engine looks very healthy and they would guess 130k miles on the motor had I not told them it was 223k! Haha. I actually would like to find a first gen limited southern explorer so I can have the frame and body. The salty winters here have really attacked my Explorer.

93 explorer 4x4 XLT
Runs like a champ

94 LX all original 190xxx and a 1800 mile road trip in two weeks.

1993 Limited, 226,000 miles and going very very strong. Owned it since it was brand new. All service done by myself. Only second transmission. Every other major component is original. Literally everything works....every button, switch, light, etc. I just do routine maintenance lubing window parts in the winter, changing suspension parts when necessary etc. (Only rebuilt trans once, replaced fuel pump, battery cables, starter, and just other routine wear parts). It is my daily driver. I have retrofitted HID projectors into the stock headlights and replaced the fog lights with HID projector halogens. I've used this truck for EVERYTHING. Lots of towing. Heavy winter use in some really bad winters. I have very aggressive studdable winter tires on in the winter and I've rescued a lot of people/vehicles through snow deep enough it was well above the fog lights. In love with this thing.

Did an engine oil analysis test on my last oil change. They said the engine looks very healthy and they would guess 130k miles on the motor had I not told them it was 223k! Haha. I actually would like to find a first gen limited southern explorer so I can have the frame and body. The salty winters here have really attacked my Explorer.

I've got a 1991 XLT Explorer 4WD with under 120k miles. I barely used it as a back up mail truck, and it's for sale(bad trans front seal and bad gas etc). I've misplaced the title, but from Indiana come get it cheap, and I'll throw in a 93 Limited dash and ABS unit, hood/fenders and headlight trim if it'll fit.

91 XLT 4dr 4.0L - 312,000 miles. Engine done @ 234,000 - was still strong and not burning oil but had a rear main, valve cover, and intake manifold oil leak, and the heads were a bit warped. Put a long block in. Transmission done at 166,000 miles, still shifts like a dream.

Alternator's been replaced, can't get to the bottom of a silly unstable voltage problem at idle
Starter's been replaced four times
Just put new shocks in it (had been a while)
Bridgestone Dueler A/T's go for about 60,000 miles, putting on my third set on Friday
Interior got redone a few years ago
Flowmaster exhaust installed at 94,000; just redone last week

A real jewel.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500636233295820.130467.100000483448529&type=1&l=3200dc7f53

Just rolled over 250,000 :)

295_zpsqth6cpiq.jpg

Original motor, 3rd Transmission.

045_zpsdiscbrt7.jpg
Suicude77: I really like the stance of your truck! She looks good, liking the look of those hankooks... what size rim/tires ya running there? Any lift?

1991 with 114k. 26 years old with the grime to prove it.

I have a '92 XLT, rusted right out with an original drivetrain (except for a new intake gasket a couple of years ago) and am sitting at 368,000 kilometres (I live in Canada) which is about 228,664 Miles. Have not done much to the old beast except shocks, tires, brakes, and radius arm bushings, and have replaced the brushes in the starter and alternator (and the above mentioned intake gasket). I am planning to do the water pump within the next couple of weeks, and probabley should do a tranny filter/fluid change. I hate to admit it but oil changes have not been as frequent as they should be but the creature keeps plugging along. Love both my Explorers

I have a '92 XLT, rusted right out with an original drivetrain (except for a new intake gasket a couple of years ago) and am sitting at 368,000 kilometres (I live in Canada) which is about 228,664 Miles. Have not done much to the old beast except shocks, tires, brakes, and radius arm bushings, and have replaced the brushes in the starter and alternator (and the above mentioned intake gasket). I am planning to do the water pump within the next couple of weeks, and probabley should do a tranny filter/fluid change. I hate to admit it but oil changes have not been as frequent as they should be but the creature keeps plugging along. Love both my Explorers

Gotta feel that Explorer love! Built Ford tough!!! Natch! 'Nuff said!!

Keep on truckin' ...right? I just got mine a couple months ago and of course am so stoked on such a low-milage machine ... but equally stoked to hear about the rigs still running at 200, 300 .... dare we say 500,000 miles? Long live the 1st Gens and the legendary Cologne engine!!!

The Green Dragon just turned 185,000. And got some new oil n' filter.

'92 with 196,400. Original engine (doesn't burn a drop of oil) and transmission.

92 XLT 5spd with 118k

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 98 5.0 V8 with little under 200,000. Had a new radiator put in, but the transmission and engine are the original. My goal is 250,000 but if I can 300,000 would be great.

Back