How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

my odo reads around 159k.
but it has over 170k, I'm sure (larger tires and no adjustment to speedo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

92k easy miles. Wow, hope to get 250k!

AHAHAHA WOW looks like there is a few people with Ex's that have been around for a while well, here is mine
34,000<< HA i haven't even reached a quarter of what some of you guys have. I am impressed:thumbsup:

147,x.. on the '93 Ex XLT but it needs a lot of work -- new fuel pump, rebuilt T-case, new 4x4 module, new exhaust, plugs/wires, etc.

57,x.. on the '03 Mounty

149,x..

Around 105K very hard miles.

I'm replacing the trans this week. Old one was rebuilt twice and I'm done with it. New one has 11k miles. Engine will need to be replaced soon too. Has the timing chain rattle really bad. Just gotta find a cheap 4.0L SOHC engine with low miles locally.

holy hell man all you guys rack up the miles in your ex i got a 96 and i just hit 60k miles

My 2000 EX has 11900 and i guess i am going to have to my build transmission soon!

98 ohv sport 135000 just replaced the tranny clutch and slave this memorial day weekend! Shifts like a dream and pings like a... pinger?

170,339, as of getting home from work tonight.

................ 260,??? miles. on a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT, all stock. Engine has never had anything major done except for a custom intake. 3rd transmission, but 260k!!!

132,x.. and counting. original tranny and engine is good--except for lifters being replaced last summer

holy crap a lot of people have a lot of miles. Im about to hit 100k

202,000 miles

2000 explorer xlt 4x4 with 202,000 miles, I had trans rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago, just had front end ball joints, shocks, bushings replaced, but now am getting the dreaded cold startup rattle; mechanic says it is power steering but I suspect it is the timing chain. Am not sure about investing more into it.....time will tell.

261,100km all highway, it still can get up and go when i need it to. My VB could probably use some attention though.

I also have a cold start sqeak, it's the power steering pump. A rattle could be the timing chain, or maybe valve train noise

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '00 has 87,x.. on the clock right now.

Back