How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

My 91 only has 122,x.. miles. I have put the last 5,000 in 4 1/2 months though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive got a 95 xlt that just hit 282k.. motors great.. but the tranny just went out finally ..

153k....and running strong

My 01 sport it at 125,x.. and she just got lifted this past weekend so shes just now starting to grow up!:D

Sound similar... My 01 sport is at 110K and just got shackles a weak ago. Losts more to come... AAL's, TT , BL, 33's and some power adders (intake and maybe some headers and a bigger throttle body).
Here she is...
2605145409_72e966f3b4.jpg

237,x.. and still running like a champ.

60K on the 03 mounty, 145K on the 93 Ex

98 @ 131k ... no major rebuilds or replacements

248xxx on my 1993 Ex and still going strong

'99 XLT 4.0L 85,000 miles (from the other posts, good to know there's still hope!)

We have 180,000 on our 95 Limited.

I've gotta be one of the tops on this one. 264,000. Believe it or not, orig motor, orig trans, and with the b&m shift kit and my sct programmer, it will bark the tires on the 1-2 regardless of how many people, how much stuff, weather, anything.

I did have the heads rebuilt 10k ago.

It is not quite perfect however. The lifter bores are worn out, so the lifters will tap slightly, even though the lifters are new and 1.7 roler rockers are installed. It doesn't burn much oil either. less than 1/2 qt between oil changes. No rust and its been in michigan for 10 yrs. Both axles have been totally rebuilt, new tcase.

I have put so much money into my mountaineer it makes me sick :)

I've gotta be one of the tops on this one. 264,000. Believe it or not, orig motor, orig trans, and with the b&m shift kit and my sct programmer, it will bark the tires on the 1-2 regardless of how many people, how much stuff, weather, anything.

I did have the heads rebuilt 10k ago.

It is not quite perfect however. The lifter bores are worn out, so the lifters will tap slightly, even though the lifters are new and 1.7 roler rockers are installed. It doesn't burn much oil either. less than 1/2 qt between oil changes. No rust and its been in michigan for 10 yrs. Both axles have been totally rebuilt, new tcase.

I have put so much money into my mountaineer it makes me sick :)

4R70W trans is a great unit. I wish the V6 exps had them. Ford would have had a lot of happy customers.

4R70W trans is a great unit. I wish the V6 exps had them. Ford would have had a lot of happy customers.

agreed.
only reason I had to get mine rebuilt was due to water getting into it.
it's the same transmission used behind (some) F150's.
so it's more than strong enough for a Sploder.

I rode her good and hard for 3 years. oh wait, you mean my X, not my ex. My Xplodr has 144k I think. haven't been in her for almost 2 weeks because of work

1999 Mercury Mountaineer has 278,000 miles and pretty much everything is stock Motorcraft still...knock on wood!

My Exp 99 has 135000 Km (+ or - 80000 miles), and no have any problems. so happy

1998 XLT with 100,100 on the odo. About to switch to Synthetic Tranny fluid to try and prolong life.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got 233,000 miles on my '95. Tranny lost 2nd gear at 220k, put more radiators and heater cores in it more than anything else. I did replace the factory starter at 225k and the leather seats at 228k, Factory on everything else except ball joints and shocks.

Back