How much paint? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much paint?

For the paint experts:

About how much paint do you think would it take to cover this van:

van_01.jpg

Its an E-350 Club Wagon (15 passenger). I'm not aiming for show-room quality. I just want to cover it with something other than fleet-white. I'm aiming to spray it with gunmetal gray so thats why I'm asking how much I need. I was told that a gallon should be enough to cover it once.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a lot

sorry I dont have a better answer.
Any automotive paint seller should be able to help you out a bit better than me.

hmm about 12 spray cans.

That kinda looks good...paint the rims.

I can't wait to paint this van :-D

Iz what year is that?

You gonna do single stage or base clear ?

You gonna do single stage or base clear ?
I'm not quite sure yet becauz I really dont have a time frame for this yet. So who knows, maybe by the time I get to it, I'll have enough time and extra $$ to do it properly. But if I'm going to do it within the next month, I will just go with a single stage. Heck my friends and I were even thinking of just rattle-canning it with epoxy paint :rolleyes:

Hell just get me drunk enough one night and it'll be painted :D

I'm not quite sure yet becauz I really dont have a time frame for this yet. So who knows, maybe by the time I get to it, I'll have enough time and extra $$ to do it properly. But if I'm going to do it within the next month, I will just go with a single stage. Heck my friends and I were even thinking of just rattle-canning it with epoxy paint :rolleyes:

Use that chalk board paint:D Then you write on your car:p:

Use that chalk board paint:D Then you write on your car:p:

And have my little cousins with a bucket of sidewalk chalk have at it for a few hours? :D

Iz don't worry about the paint BA and the boyz will handle it A-team style.

oh i also found some rims and tires for ya,37x12.50R16.5.

"BA dont do no paintin, Suckaaa."

how much dd you pay for that sucker if you dont mind me asking? I would love to tow my BII around with one of those suckers, enough room for all the spare parts, tools, and people too!

rag top the roof and that would save some paint

I vote el cheapo single stage, no clear, just enamel

how much dd you pay for that sucker if you dont mind me asking? I would love to tow my BII around with one of those suckers, enough room for all the spare parts, tools, and people too!

rag top the roof and that would save some paint

I vote el cheapo single stage, no clear, just enamel

I think he said $1000 buck on the other thread;)

how much dd you pay for that sucker if you dont mind me asking?
I paid $800 for the van. Towed it from Philly to the DC area (140 miles one way) on a tow dolly behind a '97 4.0 soch Explorer (that Explorer suffered). Paid about ~$30 dollars in tolls for round trip. Bought an Injector Driver Module (IDM) from E-bay for ~$225 which I popped in today and it runs!! WOOT! We drove it for about 30 minutes :D Its got an exhaust leak around the manifold or something though so its a little loud right now. I'll look into that hopefully this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back