I am now "Elite" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I am now "Elite"

Finally coughed up the money to help out Rick with the site and gain Elite status. Feels good. Anyway, here is my truck at Truck Haven 2002.

Attachments

• colin.th.0102.jpg
    colin.th.0102.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 452

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:bounce: Congrat. Colin!!! Awesome looking truck!!!:D

I love that front bumper. Or lack thereof :D

Thanks guys.

diablo, I know it looks horrible, but it helps with the approach angle. It's just temp until I can afford a custom bumper. So I guess it isn't really temp, cause I won't be able to afford a bumper any time soon. :D

That's not ugly, that's functional. Great approach angle and minimal overhang. Can't ask for more than that:D

i think colin's front bumper is cool... it is better than no bumper (like mine :) )

Thanks again guys and TarHeel, I'm sorry, I just read your post again and noticed you asked a question. The first time I read it I thought it said, "I like the primer grey color on your truck" not, "IS it primer grey?" Anyway, no it's not, I don't remember the exact color code # but it's just a medium grey and glossy.

Colin......love the front fenders!

Can the same thing be done to a 95+ model?

with 91-94 fenders or the 95+ style?
91-94 wont fit on the 95+
95+ will fit on 91-94
95+ style flared fenders are available from www.perrysfabnfiber.com

Originally posted by Fenderguy
diablo, I know it looks horrible, but it helps with the approach angle. It's just temp until I can afford a custom bumper. So I guess it isn't really temp, cause I won't be able to afford a bumper any time soon. :D

No, I was serious. It looks really cool. Too bad my parents would never approve of something like that :(

Email from the site was screwed up after the hack job. Should be working now though.

Damn sharp lookin X. Why the battleship grey paint? I'd leave the "bumper" just the way it is.:redexp:

Thanks Rick it's working now. I just got yours and spiper's replies in my e-mail.

spiper, thanks for the compliment. I picked grey because i first wanted silver but it was going to be too expensive and was going to get scraped anyway. So I went for a glossy solid color. I like grey and it's different than any other X out there. Plus I didn't want to have a WHITE explorer anymore. :rolleyes:

Grey is sure a hell of a lot better than white. I only had one white ride in my life and it just stayed dirty.

Way to go, Colin! Did you have to dip into your new tire funds to become Elite?;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speaking of Tires?

When you going to make that thing a real mans truck and put some 38" GUMBO SUPER SWAMPER'S on it?

"Hey, your fenders are pregnant" :p

Back