• Register Today It's free!

Installing SYNC updates

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
I've had my Explorer for 2 weeks, and I see that there's a SYNC update available. This one:

BT4T-14D546-EB
Version 1.1
SYNC GEN 2 STATUS CHECKER

I usually shy away from doing updates to anything - my laptop, my iPod, etc. (yes, wrong, I know). I feel like something is going to end up not working right! While the directions seem pretty straight forward on the SYNC My Ride website, ......I'm a scared :eek:
I'm just bound to have something pop up on the screen that isn't in the directions.

I'm going to pick up a little flash drive dedicated for this. (Would've been a nice little 'extra' for my dealer to include. Though they probably don't want to scare some people off by saying you're gonna need to be updating this vehicle)

SO, who has updated, and what's your experience been like?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've updated 3 times already with zero problems. Works very smoothly. Download it onto a stick, uploaded it into the MFT, bring the stick back to the pc and report results.

Update..I just installed:

BT4T-14D546-EB
Version 1.1

Seemed to go smoothly.. :)

BT4T-14D546-EB
Version 1.1

Does one have to be registered on SyncMyRide to get these notifications or will you be advised whether you are a member or not? I read through the Terms and Conditions and there was a statement that said you were responsible for informing any and all passengers in your vehicle of the same. Ya right! The Traffic, Directions and Information info itself is not available in Canada.

BT4T-14D546-EB
Version 1.1

Good to know. That's the same update I need to install.

Does one have to be registered on SyncMyRide to get these notifications or will you be advised whether you are a member or not? I read through the Terms and Conditions and there was a statement that said you were responsible for informing any and all passengers in your vehicle of the same. Ya right! The Traffic, Directions and Information info itself is not available in Canada.

Yes, you need to register at SyncMyRide. From there I checked to see if my vehicle had any updates to download. I was not notified in any way otherwise.

I'm sure there is a place in the settings to notify you since it does ask for a email address. It just might be buried in the settings.

Yes, you need to register at SyncMyRide. From there I checked to see if my vehicle had any updates to download. I was not notified in any way otherwise.
I've been trying to register all afternoon. Keep getting "Our system has experienced an error. Please try again." I hope this isn't an indication of the way Sync is going to work!

BT4T-14D546-EB
Version 1.1

Have you noticed any changes? Did it do anything noticeable?

Have you noticed any changes? Did it do anything noticeable?

Did the install. Haven't had it out for a drive yet so I can't tell.

I installed that latest update two weeks ago and its done nothing, apparently just a bit of software that helps provide SYNC software status information, nothing for the user to see.

Just be sure and come back to your computer after the installation in SYNC and send the confirmation file back to the SYNCMYRIDE server so it keeps an accurate record of what's in your vehicle.

It walks you through it so its very user friendly.

I'm in the Dominican Republic and my explorer is an EXPORT version. Today march 5th i downloaded update: BT4T-14D546-EC

As you can see, mine ends with a C instead of a B. Can any of you check if there is an update available for you that ends with C?

I've been trying to register all afternoon. Keep getting "Our system has experienced an error. Please try again." I hope this isn't an indication of the way Sync is going to work!

I've had my account there for three years. Not my favorite site, but never had a problem.

Hmmm. I just checked, this is what's coming in my truck (which shipped this week).

SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.7
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F497-AL
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AL

Good to know. That's the same update I need to install.

Yes, you can set up text and email notifications in synmyride.

To set up notifications of updates in sycnmyride go to: manage sycn, then account settings, then account information, and then on the upper right of the owner profile information page click on Edit. Then type in your password where asked for. Then on the bottom check the box for send me important updates. Click next. At the bottom of the next window you should see a big old "YES." Be sure that below that you see that you have entered your primary mobile phone number. Let me know if this did not work for you. Cheers!!

Hmmm. I just checked, this is what's coming in my truck (which shipped this week).

SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.7
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F497-AL
BT4T-14F603-AL

Mine was built Jan 11 2011 and it came with SYNC version Gen2 v2.4 and that seemed to be the latest version but now yours shows v2.7?

Mine was built Jan 11 2011 and it came with SYNC version Gen2 v2.4 and that seemed to be the latest version but now yours shows v2.7?
Mine is due to arrive on Monday and here is what is shown for it;
SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.4
BT4T-14D546-AG
BT4T-14F496-AJ
BT4T-14F497-AG
BT4T-14F603-AG

It also shows 0 items to download.

peterk9, that's interesting! I wonder what is the difference.

Hey! Let's start a rumor. I heard that 2.7 makes MFT blazing fast with full support for text messaging on iPhone. It also supports all USB mobile broadband sticks regardless of make and model. Oh! and it adds a new color to ambient lighting: chartreuse. I'm just sayin. :D

Wonder why they are shipping cars w/ a version that they haven't yet offered existing customers :( ugh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wonder why they are shipping cars w/ a version that they haven't yet offered existing customers :( ugh

Given the issues they are having with MFT and all the bad press that came off the Consumer Reports "Cannot Recommend" one would think they would be working overtime to get a version out that deals with all these issues.

The Blue Oval SYNC forum is full of issues that are frustrating the hell out of loyal customers.

iPhone and Blackberry make up the majority of smartphones in the market place, not to mention the people that have these devices are typically more accepting of new technology. If you want your MFT to be accepted then make it work flawlessly with 100% functionality for those two groups of advanced users.

Making it work with a legacy flip phone or discontinued "one of a kind" device is absolutely useless.

This way the larger group of Blackberry/iPhone SYNC users help to offset the negativity brought on by some of the other less popular smartphones.

Instead it seems Blackberry and iPhone have the most significant issues.

I love SYNC MFT but the SYNC Team better jump on this fast before it becomes another out of control "Toyota floormat story".

Back