Installing SYNC updates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing SYNC updates

peterk9, that's interesting! I wonder what is the difference.

Hey! Let's start a rumor. I heard that 2.7 makes MFT blazing fast with full support for text messaging on iPhone. It also supports all USB mobile broadband sticks regardless of make and model. Oh! and it adds a new color to ambient lighting: chartreuse. I'm just sayin. :D

Hey you might not be that far from the truth.

I just got off the phone with SYNC Tech Support in Dearborn.

They wouldn't confirm v2.7 is a new version but they did confirm a new version is about to be released sometime in March. She said call back on Monday and they will probably have a release date.

So Im just guessing the units being built right now are getting the new update v2.7 and we will get it on the website or by email very soon.

Lets hope it does what you just suggested!

Anyone who takes delivery of a unit with v2.7 please update us on what we can look forward too if its any better.

Those of us with an iPhone are getting iOS 4.3 update on March 11th so lets pray all together as iPhone users that Apple iOS 4.3 has already been addressed in SYNC v2.7

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iPhone and Blackberry make up the majority of smartphones in the market place, not to mention the people that have these devices are typically more accepting of new technology. If you want your MFT to be accepted then make it work flawlessly with 100% functionality for those two groups of advanced users.

Making it work with a legacy flip phone or discontinued "one of a kind" device is absolutely useless.
You're giving me some hope my 5 year old Motorola V551 flip phone will work with this system! :D

You're giving me some hope my 5 year old Motorola V551 flip phone will work with this system! :D

I'm going to have Motorola contact you ASAP so we can get that V551 into their museum right away......they couldn't find one for the longest time.....LOL

With the original sync, I had a moto slvr when I got it...loved it. Texting, everything was perfect. Then I upgraded phones...

[/B]To Sgt1411 .I AGREE 100% WITH YOU! I have an iphone too and I don't want to see all these issues coming out in a brand new car. I think that they have enough time to develope a car without this issues. I have a 2007 edge and this is one of the reasons the I am changing it. I don't want to buy a Japanese car I want an american car and i believe in ford ,for how long?
depends how many times that I have to go to the dealership. I follow all these threads everyday and I try to keep my hope high, even with my car staying another two weeks sitting at ford yard to waiting for something?? what ever is the reason. how much patience does Ford want from the custumer?
I love the car that is way I am spending over $50.000 in something the i haven't even drove yet FORD PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT US, I BELIEVE FORD!!! AND I TRUST IN WHAT THEY SAY, THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

I am clinging to my old LG Chocolate flip phone. Guess I'm not one of those "advanced users" either. :D
Sorta happy my kids keep using my upgrades. My old LG syncs perfectly!

Help!!!! is there a special type of memory stick that i have to use ? Cause i have been trying to down load the sync status checker tool to a stick that i have and can't do it. What could i be doing wrong or do i need the sync status checker tool ?? Or what kind of stick i need??

Help!!!! is there a special type of memory stick that i have to use ? Cause i have been trying to down load the sync status checker tool to a stick that i have and can't do it. What could i be doing wrong or do i need the sync status checker tool ?? Or what kind of stick i need??

1) why do you think you need the sync status tool :)

2) do you have windows or mac? You need to format the memory stick as FAT/FAT32 .. if you are in windows it will likely default to NTFS, and a mac might default to OSX Journaled.. either way, you need to format as FAT/FAT32 instead

My standard stick works fine and I run Windows. Didn't need to format it or anything.

Just make sure you select the correct drive when you're downloading. You have to make sure you specify that it writes to the stick, it doesn't do it automatically.

Back