Interest in Fiberglass Hoods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interest in Fiberglass Hoods

I'd love to see some pics of the ram and cowl hoods. Somebody get this guy a first gen hood!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 97 also and am interested in the Ram Air, I would like to see pictures.

Mildly intrested in a gen 2 non function ram

I would be slightly interested in a functional ram, but some pics would motivate me more. :)

Soo lucky on this one. The guys Cobra is talking about lives about 15 mins away. I might be the guinea pig on the 2nd get X's. I wanna know the deal with the ram air ones.

I just left Glynn (the guy doing the hoods) a message. Hopefully I can have some pics soon. I'll be in meetings all day, but will post them as soon as I get them.

:thumbsup:

Sweet. Fenderguy I would say that answers the picture question 100% :)

pics pics pics pics, I am going to assume my 88 will not be seeing a new hood from this thread, seeing as how I am like the only pre Gen I explorer on the forum :)

I will be it he market for a fiberglass hood, probably just a 1" raised center section and I plan to add my own scoop to aid with my cold air setup :)

BeauJ said:
Soo lucky on this one. The guys Cobra is talking about lives about 15 mins away. I might be the guinea pig on the 2nd get X's. I wanna know the deal with the ram air ones.

Gives me an excuse for a road trip

What about getting me hooked up with a glassed Cobra R small double rise hood for my 3rd gen so I can fit the Kenne Bell?

rocket 5979 said:
What about getting me hooked up with a glassed Cobra R small double rise hood for my 3rd gen so I can fit the Kenne Bell?

If we can find someone will to let him use their GenIII hodd for about 10 hours - I think this guy could make one...

hvac911 said:
pics please.

Refer to post #26. ;)

Say David, I have a picture of the hood which Troll has. That hood is available in fiberglass. It's basically the two 90's Cobra side scoops built in. I'd pay the high price that they want if it were carbon fiber. :cool:

How can I post the picture, or who could I send it to, to show it. I like the subtle look of those Cobra hoods.
Don

id be interested only if I saw pics

This thread is useless without pics

CobraXP said:
If we can find someone will to let him use their GenIII hodd for about 10 hours - I think this guy could make one...

OK people who wants to donate a hood for the half a day for me??? Dont everyone volunteer at once. lol. hehe. Seems like another one I will have to wait on till I get back home.

Beau, so your saying that this guy who is building the hoods is in GA? Does anyone know what size ram air is on Paul B.'s hood. Will the ram air hoods look like his? I like the look of his hood as well as the cowl induction hoods, but not really if the cowl ones are over 2". If this guy is in GA and I see a hood that I like, I might be able to be the guinea pig for the first gens if we don't already have one.

CobraXP, you've got mail.

I just talked to Glynn. He does not own a computer, and is not very 'technology based', so he is getting a friend to send me some pics when he can. A couple of the guys he has made hoods for are down in FL for a car show, so he couldn't get too many pics. As soon as I have them guys - you will too.

On a good note though, someone volunteered to be a donor for Gen I's, so now all we need is a donor for Gen III's (for Rocket... :) ). I forgot to ask him what he does to the donor hood when he does this. If he uses plastic over the hood so it doesn't hurt the donor, I may be able to borrow a hood from a friend at a Ford dealership for a day on the Gen III's to at least make a pattern. We'll see.

Guys, I'm not saying this is a done deal yet. I was judging who would be interested in this because the prices seemed pretty good to me and if we can get more than one made and get a deal (because the shipping will be extra), this might work. I'm a pessimist at heart and always look for the problems first - so I'm trying to cover all the bases first before I open mouth and insert foot. I just met this guy this week and am 2000 miles away from him, but I do have people that I trust that can help out on this. I hope everyone knows where I am coming from on this.

So your saying you cannot do it???

Mannnnnn now I gotta scrap the Kenne Bell project! lol. Its cool. I think everyone here will understand.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not saying I can't/won't do it. I'll be in Atlanta the week of April 10th. Thats when I personally get to meet the guy face to face. I am hoping he hurries up and get me some pics. My X is sitting in Atlanta now. He could have the hood now and be done when I get there for me and use mine for a donor for any Gen II's. I'm just as anxious to see what the guy makes as anyone.

Back