Is it advisable to replace the alternator wire harness? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is it advisable to replace the alternator wire harness?

93explorereb

Reaction score
City, State
Northeast
Year, Model & Trim Level
93/97 4.0 EB/5.0 XLT 4AWD
Greetings:

Tomorrow, I will be installing/replacing both battery cables (new from Napa), in addition, I more than likely will be replacing my alternator/fender solenoid wire harness too. I have a wire harness that I removed from a donor 94 explorer, that the previous owner as it seems, very recently installed (new like condition), in addition to a EGR Valve position sensor. The wire harness is a Ford part with the new labeling still attached. All of the alternator plug in/solenoid connections are in excellent condition too. My voltmeter is hovering on the low end nearer to the "8" marker. It will just sit there even with a load placed on it. Iding does nothing, in terms of making the needle move and or the red battery light go out on my lower dashboard. I have already had the alternator tested, and have used 2 different batteries. How much of a PITA:rolleyes: is it to remove the cables, the negative in particular. Thanks in advance:)!

Best Regards

Back