Blake D

Reaction score
City, State
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Anybody heard about this?
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
31" tires, 4:10 gears, Front and rear air lockers, etc all factory.
Be nice if other car manufactures realized there was a 4wd community worthy of building vehicles stock for them.
That Wrangler would be hard to pass up if I could afford a new vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as bad as it sounds.. if the price was right i would get one... I hate J**ps but a truck like that with no work for me to do would be great.. i know its better if i do my own truck... but with the amount of time i have i cant.. i donno..

Mike

no kidding, It has that diamond plate rocker protectiona and skid plates etc Just looks like a great off road vehicle straight from factory and its not priced like a Hummer :)
Mabye some other companies will offer some competition but Jeep seems to be the only company to really try to come out with vehicles that are trail worthy or easily modified, heck the Jeep manuals already have instructions on how to disconnect the sway bar and drop the front window. My ex book tells me that the flat metal blade goes into the slot of my seat belt :p
Oh well :)

the Rubicon comes with D44's front and rear, for a Wrangle this is the best upgrade they could have done!

The electro-nuematic lockers are of course, awesome. the wreite up on the Heep says that the rear D44 when not locked defaults to a limited slip, now that sounds interesting. I would like to know how they got a locker and a L/S in one D44 diff...........

Rubicon = nice Jeep!!! coilovers, D44 front and rear, electric lockers, and rocker protection, everything a Jeep needs.......

I wanna see Ford come out with a MOAB edition Escape! hahaha! I can see it now, coilovers at all 4, big ol fender cut outs, expedition front and rear IFS (beefier) and lockers......hahahaha!

hey does anyone know if that Rubicon is on sale yet or how much it costs? I mean would it be cheaper to buy the lower one and add the stuff aftermarket compaired to what the MSRP is?

No, the Rubicon is far cheaper then trying to build a Rubicon.

Yes you can order one now I'm pretty sure.

Even if you did want to build a Rubicon from a base 4.0L sport, good luck, firstit will cost you a fortune to have a dana 44 built for the front with the electric locker (or air locker) then it will cost you a bunch of $$$ to have the rear fitted with an electro locker....right there you are already WAY over the price of a Rubicon fcrom the dealer. This is why Jeep finally built the Rubicon, so you dont have to.

Yes you can order a rubicon to price one or even order one goto www.jeepwarehouse.com Bill is a good guy and sells all Jeeps for 100 over invoice + delivery charge. Some dealers will take your order but will charge msrp or higher. Any rubicons that get out onto the lots will go for quite a bit more than msrp i bet.

nice any idea about cost though, Juct curious bc thinking about trading in our other car, wife wants a convertable. She is thinking eclipse or sebring, I like both but if I had to chose I'd get a jeep, convertable but can still take it playing. Then I could have the ex for the power off road and room we need and the jeep for the lightweight play machine :)

looks like it could be around 25 k from him with automatic and cruise, not to bad if you could get the 0 financing but I doubt that, still looks to be less than an eclipse or sebring? who knows?

The Eclipse is a nice car. The Sebring is nice too but I just dont like em. We have a 98 Sahara Wrangler and it is a kick to drive, plus it;sfully 4x4 capable and with 4.10's and a 5 speed it could probably give that Eclipse a run for it;s $$$$

Sure, it is the most capable 4wheeler off the lot... But you can build alot better for alot cheaper...
Pete

Pete, yeah but do you really want to build a wheeler for your wife? I know its hard enough finding time to work on my truck, and when I do she;s mad because I;m not spending that time with her, and the last thing I need is to be gathering parts and working on another truck for her!! this is why I got her a 98 Wrangler, nothing to do but oil changes, rotate the 32's, brake pads every 40K, and change tops once a year, and thats weven alot of work! Stupid Jeeps.........

I tried to convince her that what she really needed was a chopped top BII, or an EB, she didnt go for it and I;m glad because I would be working on one of those as often as I work on mine, which is pretty much every single friggin day..............

This is all I have to say.

Rubicon + 7yr. 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty = Sweet Deal.

Build your own...=$$$$$ and no warranty.

Originally posted by Fischer
This is all I have to say.

Rubicon + 7yr. 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty = Sweet Deal.

Build your own...=$$$$$ and no warranty.

The current Powertrain warranty is a 7yr 70,000 mile transferrable warranty and 3yr 36k bumper to bumper.
In June they changed from the 7/100k to the 1/70
But thats still pretty dang good and many jeep dealers are pretty lenient on warranty work. Ive heard of people getting new tranfercases underwarranty due to rust caused by submersion of the original one. And another guy's starter went dead and the tech replaced it under warranty and said told the guy that it wasnt working because of all the sand in it.

I wonder how they feel about lifting it enought to put 33's or 35's under it. Even with the other stuff 31's are still too small.

It would be cool if the dealer would fudge a bit and make a "Special" edition with more of a lift and 33's; keeping the warranty.

Not a bad price tag either.

i have to admit, if they would fudge a little on the warranty it would be nice. "i dont know what happened, i just backed down the driveway and broke a front outer axle. and then the rear driveshaft came up through the floor. and i dont know were the water in the diffs came from..." ;)

why is there nothing about this on jeeps site? i want to see more on this truck.. price and all..

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just do a web search on Jeep Rubicon, Jeep has a site for it but I can't find how to access it from their site. Anyone know when it goes on sale?
My dealer said he couldn't get them yet. (I like the ex more and if it would come out with a set up like the Rubicon I would get it but hey I really don't see that happening)

Back