Jet Performance? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jet Performance?

jman_07

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 XLT
So i just bought the jet performance chip stage 1 for my explorer Just wondering what kind of performance gains i will get better lowend torque???/

Also asked this in an earlier post I have a 2001 Explorer XLT 4.0SOHC 4wd would i beable to with alot of body work transform the explorer into a pickup truck completely chop the back seats out and add a ranger bed onto it??? I know what most of you say just get a ranger but i like the body style of the explorer and would like it in a pickup like i said i know it would take alot of body work but it could be done right????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i remember right most people here say to stay away from JET products... Could be mistaken though. As for the pickup question, why not just buy a sport trac?

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to do a project on his truck.

As for the Jet products, most people will tell you to stay away. They do what they say, but they're not customizable, and not customized for any mods you have. The stage one is for a stock setup only. And better fuel is needed for more performance out of it.

Yeah i really want to make it a project to do on my truck can anyone tell me If the 01 Ranger bed would fit on the SUV Frame??? so how would this work would i have to get the complete back seat section cut or can that be unbolted somehow???

i cant seem to find the threads where a few members did this but they did not take a bed from a ranger they just used the back off the explorer as bed

I saw a picture of that truck it was pretty sweet All im wondering is if it would be possible to remove the back end completely and put a ranger bed on it??? Im asking how the back end is on there bolted on or would the rear seat section have to be cut off???

Almost everything can be unbolted back there, there will be cutting involved though. And you might have to fab up some mounts for the bed.

On The A-Team, Mr T could do anything with a welding torch. You can too.

I would say the main issue is wondering why you would want to do it. If it is for a cool project, go for it. If it is just because you want a ranger, then I would recommend buying a ranger. It clearly will not be as safe as a stock explorer, or stock ranger if it is done. About what you said with the body style of the explorer..it is virtually identical to a ranger. The only difference I can think of would be the lights/grill might be different, in which case I would recommend just swapping that on a ranger, instead.

Back