July 4 North Carolina Oregon Inlet Campground Trip | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

July 4 North Carolina Oregon Inlet Campground Trip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

explorinitup sucks. he came for about an hour and left.
but heres jd, will and me
5903185538_91301e3409_b.jpg

rolling shot of jd. wills stock truck had to pull him out! lol
5903185772_e65e1afb17_b.jpg

it was fun. i look like a lobster. got stuck friday and saturday in locked 4x2. sand was really soft.
threw it in 4x4 today with 3.55 front open, 3.73 rear locked, 32s and made it with no problems, just popped every now and then when on more solid ground from the mismatched gears

it still blows my mind how just having a single front tire pulling you makes that much of a.difference! !!yea first day i buried my truck past the bumper,just digging hard try to get out!!left a four foot long by 3 feet rut!!second day i wasn't really stuck yet just didn't feel like mess with it tryn to get out,quick easy yank and i was back on top.it was fun.way to bad no one really came!!I've got pics too.post them later!!

explorinitup sucks. he came for about an hour and left.
but heres jd, will and me
5903185538_91301e3409_b.jpg

rolling shot of jd. wills stock truck had to pull him out! lol
5903185772_e65e1afb17_b.jpg

it was fun. i look like a lobster. got stuck friday and saturday in locked 4x2. sand was really soft.
threw it in 4x4 today with 3.55 front open, 3.73 rear locked, 32s and made it with no problems, just popped every now and then when on more solid ground from the mismatched gears
My bad for suckin. And that my almost 2 year old wouldn't calm down.

My bad for suckin. And that my almost 2 year old wouldn't calm down.

hey i don't think you suck!i feel your pain and understand.sucks that you all couldn't join us,is what should have been said!it was crazy windy!!i didn't sleep all night!!So i understand!!!still we may go back in August after we have front gears!!

i didnt really mean it in a mean way, just the word i chose. i know there was issues with that damn wind. i didnt even sleep in my ten last night, i stuck my fan in the window and rolled it up and slept in the truck. woke up and my tent was only tethered to the table.
im glad you atleast made it down, sucked you couldnt find a hotel either.

my friend i got my tires from is trying to go down next weekend if anyones interested. not sure what beach he goes to tho

it still blows my mind how just having a single front tire pulling you makes that much of a.difference!
it just does. im sure open front and back would do ok also. im sure half the crappy trucks out there were like that. you should get some matching gears atleast lol

edit: woo! 14.07mpg going down, aired down at beach, flinging sand around, driving around.
17.18mpg on a straight highway shot home.

Made it home(it poured its add off all the way home in va)( truck is spotless now...) will post all pics tmrw lol I got 20.6 Otw there and 14.6 around the beaches and obx
Edit napa was closed had to head home found an advance before the boarder and replaced my serpentine belt that had completely split in two down the middle.....

yea im mad my dirt all came off :(
i know autozones dayco(goodyear) belt has a 3yr warranty. just throwing that out there.
glad you got it fixed, if the crack went across the street and not down it, it couldve been a lot crappier.

this ******* is eating belts now second 1 IS split already
pulleys look fine this is gay..................i just bought that belt last night and maybe maybe went 200mi..

this ******* is eating belts now second 1 IS split already
pulleys look fine this is gay..................i just bought that belt last night and maybe maybe went 200mi..

Make sure your crank pulley outer part isn't separating from the harmonic balancer (inner part). I have heard that an early symptom of this is eating belts.

Make sure your crank pulley outer part isn't separating from the harmonic balancer (inner part). I have heard that an early symptom of this is eating belts.
glad you made me really get under it with a light...was really looking at that
spotted a small pebble wedged in the grove of the tensionor. time to take the belt off and go over every pulley by hand and inspect pick and possibly but hopefully not have to sand out any burrs.....
THEN stealing wifes go-cart to go advance to exchange this defective belt...(lol)
thanks for the advice ronin

Don't know how I missed the ROCK in the ac compressor.... it was taller than the tops of the grooves by a bit... just keeps on trucking lol

ok my pics,i dont have any of the campsite when will,his buddy and my buddy was there,so there was more tents!!
haha view of zeeks truck from inside mine before we left
2011-07-01090330.jpg

2011-07-01145922.jpg

2011-07-01145945.jpg

2011-07-04135812.jpg

2011-07-04135829.jpg

2011-07-04135857.jpg

2011-07-04135932.jpg

2011-07-04135959.jpg

2011-07-04152821.jpg

2011-07-04153029.jpg

2011-07-04153117.jpg

2011-07-04153203.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol never knew you took one of me in the driveway
3rd to last looks like when i was getting ready to take the pics of you

yea think it was:D

Back