Rubicon Trip Report (Aug. 28 - Sept. 1) - long | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon Trip Report (Aug. 28 - Sept. 1) - long

when I did the rubicon, I had 33's AT/KO's, 5.5 superlift, auburn rear/lockrite front.

Did it fine. Another guy had 4", 33's, same style combo, and did fine (he did land on his rock sliders several times though.)

You will be taking the bypasses to Little Sluice, and True Sluice/Old Sluice.

Anything less than 4" and 33's will be hard on the truck.

Mudd*****, you could do the Little Sluice with 33's back
a few years ago like 1996, thats when I did it, and I'm the only one with a 4 door that has done it. The Currie brother's did it with a 2-door. But since then the Little Sluice has been change by a few off-roaders and now it's extremely difficult to get through it. You will get body damage doing it.

Also on the list of things to do to your truck to get it ready besides what Tom D. stated it's good to have both front & rear tow hooks, a strap or winch, high lift jack, extra spare parts (could be days before you can get anyone to bring you parts) and expect body damage. This trip is not for the timid and unexperience rock driver. But it is a blast to do! At least if you make it all the way through you can say I survived the Rubicon.

Back