Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heck of a load! :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You are on a whole next level when they make an official Lego set with your rig.

JP Explorer.png

Lego T.rex Breakout

Uh oh😲... Found Cro Moly shafts through work dirt cheap. Could not pass up outers for $36. 🤩

20220908_083442.jpg

That's a good deal

Unfortunately the Driver side was not on sale, but I got all 4 shafts and a new 3" x 30" strap for under $300.

Uh oh😲... Found Cro Moly shafts through work dirt cheap. Could not pass up outers for $36. 🤩

View attachment 434134
Discounts are fun. At work we get discounts on freight charges if I ever wanted **** shipped to me plus bendpak is one of our major freight customers so we get 15% above cost on any lift

The front and rear cameras have not aged well. So I ordered a new set of 720 ones to update them. Also swapped out the stereo from the RV which has a tad bit bigger screen and a few other features.

20230122_164231.jpg

20230122_164336.jpg

Sweet bezel.

didnt even notice JP had cams when i saw it! :D cool!

Yeah the cameras got added back in 2015. I had to figure out how to get the system to work with only one input and two cameras. Kinda ahead of it's time, but it's great on the trails you can't see what's over a ledge.

Yeah the cameras got added back in 2015. I had to figure out how to get the system to work with only one input and two cameras. Kinda ahead of it's time, but it's great on the trails you can't see what's over a ledge.
hmmm,, well i seen it since then :p guess i didnt notice it!
Wait, you still go on trails?? :D
:p the only pictures I had of JP was in the driveway! :D

It is true...JP has not seen a trail in a while. The Ranger and the Bronco have been doing trail runs more. 🤷

I guess when you have four 4x4's to chose from, too many options.

I'm still waiting for "Hey, this is Stic-O from Shock Surplus...." on YouTube.

I guess when you have four 4x4's to chose from, too many options.

I'm still waiting for "Hey, this is Stic-O from Shock Surplus...." on YouTube.

Technically the Mach E is AWD....so 5? LoL 😆

In other news, my Odyssey Battery died. Only 2 years it lasted. I ordered a yellow top optima from work and put it in. We'll see if it lasts longer.

I filled a warranty claim with Odyssey, and they are honoring it and sending me a new battery at no charge 😳.

Back