Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! Odyssey screwed me and wouldn’t honor my warranty. I am glad they did for you!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Added some new headlights. They look good, but the quality is absolutely garbage. Not sure how long they will last 🙄

20230131_211423.jpg 20230129_162606.jpg

whicu ones are those? and brrr how are you out right now!!!! up here at least its getting quite breezy and dipping below 50 now. i mean not too bad but still, cold man! :p
They are just some Amazon garbage. Yes it's cold out, but trying to get stuff done before heading out to KOH.

Some of my favorite things are amazing garbage…::

It's too bad glass headlight lenses are thing of the past..

And polishing the haze off the plastic is short term fix. I'll bet those headlights will leak in the first rain storm.

looking closer they look alot like the ones on this one, to be honest. they havent leaked yet, just yours appear smoked, vs this one isnt.

JP's paint has faded pretty bad over the last few years after being left outside (blame the Navajo) For those who don't know, it was painted with Rust-Oleum and Harbor Freight paint gun. She never received a clear coat.

I was going to do a wet sand and a clear coat, but decided to try a different route. If you have ever seen a As Seen On TV type product for reviving faded lawn furniture and other stuff called Rejuvenate. I figured it's painted like lawn furniture, so why not. 🤷

I would Never recommend this on a normal car paint job.

Left side: Rejuvenate Right side: faded paint.

20230201_172122.jpg

if its anything like single stages (is that the rustolleum automotive paints or no?) for those classic 105+205 halo combo on medium cut pads and some glaze seems to do the trick to revive single stages, but not sure about JP paint. looks great htough!!!!

It's just Rust-Oleum out of a normal paint can from Home Depot, like I want to paint this old Radio Flyer. It was cut a little to make it easier to spray. It's held up decent for what it is and how it's treated.

It's just Rust-Oleum out of a normal paint can from Home Depot, like I want to paint this old Radio Flyer. It was cut a little to make it easier to spray. It's held up decent for what it is and how it's treated.
oh ok, then never worked with those before as far as cleaning them up. looks sharp tho!

Working the Fox 2.0 Resi's

After all these years, today I got my first leak. Drove it to work today, and came out at lunch and saw a small puddle under it. There is a leak somewhere in the Power Steering system by the box. I'm going to take this opportunity and change the box. It steers like a old car chase movie. There is literally inch's of play in the steering. So I'm going to order a Redhead steering box for it. I love it in the Bronco.

After all these years, today I got my first leak. Drove it to work today, and came out at lunch and saw a small puddle under it. There is a leak somewhere in the Power Steering system by the box. I'm going to take this opportunity and change the box. It steers like a old car chase movie. There is literally inch's of play in the steering. So I'm going to order a Redhead steering box for it. I love it in the Bronco.

I've driven cars like that. Makes for an exciting ride. ;)

I'm sure the new box will feel great.

I've driven cars like that. Makes for an exciting ride. ;)

I'm sure the new box will feel great.
In my experience they always do.

I had a Datsun 280Z with that problem (along many, many others). Explaining to the cop that the reason I was all over the road was because of steering/suspension issues, at 5 am in the morning.. He thought I was intoxicated.

Back