Just got the Apten Chip! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got the Apten Chip!

Matt, did you get some pics of the actual chip install? Or of the chip itself?

Please detail the actual chip install for us.

Thanks.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If its anything like the other chips it just plugs into the diagnostic port on the computer module. Really easy, I can do it in about 5 minutes.

99X5.0:
I did notice a mpg gain with my chip. However, this is offset by the need for premium gas.

yet... running premium gas has its advantages. the higher octane is better for our engines (if they are programmed for it), and the fuel has a much larger percentage of detergents than lower octane fuel. this keeps your fuel system cleaner, and freer (sp?) from impurities

Matt what gas are you running?

I know I missed the original post, could you advise if this chip or if your company makes one for for a 92 "X" 4.0. I would be interested in some info on those , if they do.:)

Originally posted by Carl D.
I know I missed the original post, could you advise if this chip or if your company makes one for for a 92 "X" 4.0. I would be interested in some info on those , if they do.:)

Drop Apton an e mail at info@apten-us.com, they will answer your question.

Good luck....

well they're gonna be makin one for me...and i have a 92. THey just need your computer code and engine and if it's 4x4 or not i think. and if you've done any serious mods...like MAF, head work, or heavy cam type stuff.

When do we need to tell them what we have as fas as mods.

I will close the buy in about a week. I want to give Matt some time to actually drive with the chip before we go ahead with everything.

First of all, the install page is comming along.
Second of all, I have a work in progress page of the Pros and Cons of the chip. I will have the chart and gas Milage through several tanks of gas.

99explorer5.0 I hear you! I drive almost 100 mi a day and better gas milage is a big goal of mine. I will have complete data as soon as possiable.

aldive Yes, as I stated above I am making an Install page, "Paint by numbers", I like to call it. :p

RoadEnforcer I am running High Octain. 91/92/93 what ever the High Octain is where I am, I have seen all three as the High Octain at different gas stations.

SSIKORA Please be sure to give me enough time to post all the data that everyone is asking for! Thanks for setting up the buy for everyone on this chip.

I really think this is better than any other chip out there. The guy that is programing them really knows his stuff. Plus he has the Ford Code in Hex to start off with. So the end result is twice the power of an off the shelf chip. Air/Fuel looks alot better and the Transmission is awesome! I was going to get a shift kit and don't need it now.

More info to come!

How much is he asking for the chip? I'm interested!

Go here to get the info on the group buy.

Dead Link Removed

Where do you get this chip? Online site?!? B/C i was going after the diablo but if this is better screw that!!

looks like we've hit our quota for 10 guaranteed buyers... this chip is $205 now for everyone interested..

Originally posted by Magicfan25
Ok, on the second chart the RED is CHIPPED torque, ORANGE is CHIPPED HP. BLUE is STOCK. If the Max Torque is 214 in RED and BLUE is 222. how is that a GAIN of 8? its a LOSS
Uh, yeah. If you look at the run numbers at the top of the page, there was actually a loss in torque.

I can't read the graphs worth anything. It seems like it has good and bad points. The hp and torque seem to be better than stock at some points and worse at others. Is this still good?

does torque really matter at that high at an rpm? would horsepower be more imporatnt in the higherband? torque at lower bands which the graph shows a definate improvement. I interested now.. only factor is MPG...

As far as the Power accross the band. It is better from low to top. I am amazed most by the Highway power I now have. It feels great when I press the gas and it just goes. I can get from 60-80 in no time.

Once again I can't go on enough about the shifting imporvment. It really shifts crisp and quick.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

glad to hear it, thanks for being our test mule

Back