Just got the Apten Chip! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got the Apten Chip!

I said it before and i'll say it again, Black Magic, You have to much money!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone tell me if I would see any benefits with my 5 speed? I always hear of firmer shifts with automatics but I don't have 1.

I will post the answer to this question as soon as I find out.

Originally posted by Van I.
Can anyone tell me if I would see any benefits with my 5 speed? I always hear of firmer shifts with automatics but I don't have 1.

I just heard back from Brian and he said you will have the same performance increase, just obviously no shift pattern change.

Originally posted by jssong
does torque really matter at that high at an rpm? would horsepower be more imporatnt in the higherband? torque at lower bands which the graph shows a definate improvement. I interested now.. only factor is MPG...
True.

im just so impatient.. i want this chip now now now.. :D hopefully i get some better gas mileage.. i dont relaly have a heavy foot but im avging 11 mpg city.. :p

Originally posted by aldive
Update... we want a upgate, please.

I agree...Matt....you have any further helpful info???

Originally posted by SSIKORA

I agree...Matt....you have any further helpful info???

[johnny 5 voiceover]input............ need input...[/johnny 5 voiceover]

please.:cool:

I am just polishing the Write-up and the performance pages. I wanted to post with more MPG info when I posted. But I guess I can give you a sneek peek. The first tank of gas I had my Foot stuck up my Gas peddles A$$. I was always on it. I took several friends for rides showing them the new power. :eek:

So the gas MPG suffered. But it was still very impressive. I always have to put in right at 15 gallons of gas at fill up. I always reset my tripometer. I went 248 miles with 15 gallons of gas. 248/16= 15.5mpg This tank of gas I am taking it normal on and seeing just how great of MPG I am going to have under normal driving conditions. You know normal driving untill some Blazer Extreme tries to flex on me and I have to shut him down. :D I should have those numbers in a day or two along with all the other information. I will also post my MPG for a while everytime I fill up a tank of gas. :( I hate gas.

Are you still doing the group purchase? If so - count me in. Even though I've got a Diablo I'm testing for someone, I'll give this one a try also. Sounds like it should work.

Who do I need to send computer code and specs to? Along w/ $$$ ....

Well see that was just it. I always averaged arround 17 mpg, all the time. So the 16.5 is was not that impressive. However, this morning I had 153 miles at the half tank marker. So I can't wait to see what I get out of a normally driven tank of gas! :)

Originally posted by Black Magic
Well see that was just it. I always averaged arround 17 mpg, all the time. So the 16.5 is was not that impressive.

But do you normally get on it as much as with the addition?

Go here for the details on the group buy.

Dead Link Removed

NO,no,no, that is what I am saying. I was driving the crap out of my X this week and that is why I was still pretty supprised with the mileage I got out of that tank of gas. Right now I am on course to get around 325 (+/-) out of this tank of gas. That would end up being 21.6 mpg. That will end up giving me about 5 mpg better than before the chip.

Stay tuned to see the proof and more results...

I still love all the new power! This is a great chip worth every penny! IMO

is it just me or when the needle gets to the half way mark its always quicker to go down... lol

5 mpg... thats a lot... could it be that your taking it overly easy, or are you driving the way you did before you put the chip in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am driving normal. I still get on it when getting on the highway. Stuff like that. I am just not seing how fast I can go every time I am on the Highway. Give me a couple more days and I will have the real numbers. Then I am also going to post the next few tanks of gas I go though. to show a better average.

Back