L&L Motor Mount Part # | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

L&L Motor Mount Part #

Well I called L&L to order motor mounts and was told "We don't sell any for that truck" and when I asked to speak with a tech. I was told "Nobody is available" So the order girl tells me to email L&L and they would give me the right part #, well I received their email today and it reads "We don't make conversion motor mounts for that truck" WHAT???!!!!! Could somebody please give me the part # they used when ordering motor mounts from L&L? I have a '94 4wd Sport, thanks alot.

Derek

Not sure why they won't just say that the Ranger mounts will work in the Xs. I will see if I can find the part number I used BUT don't hold your breath I don't keep papers for long.

Ask your friends for their opinion on the fact of "Rangers and Explorers using the same motor and frame mounts. If you can determine for sure that they are the same then the rest is easy, just order the Ranger mount for the year in question.

Another approach might be to call Advanced Adapter ask them if the motor/frame adapters are the same, Ranger vs Explorer, and then order from L&L. A little sneaky but if the end results are what you want then go for it.

I used the L&L Product system before and the quality/workmanship is outstanding. They have a life time warranty on their mounts and the headers.

My latest project, a Feep, will be using the L&L Headers; of course the Feep is FORD Powered.

Good Luck on your search, I will try to find the paper that came with my kit.

:usa: :chug: :ca:

from what I can tell from my test fit just to see where my motor sits in the truck with the L&L mounts, they dont say the ranger mounts will work in the explorer because its not a direct bolt in, drilling is needed for one hole (least on my application) all I did was order the v8 swap mounts for a '93 ranger (i think, have the part number here somewhere)

Also keep in mind that my swap is not the normal route that most people take

I had to drill one hole in my Ranger setup so it is a standard thing with the L&L Kit.

I just looked at your pic and you do it right don't you.

Nice! The vehicle looks great.

My Navajo Project (D44/9"/5.0/NV4500/Atlas4.3) was sold a month or so back. I kept the drive train to cut down on the selling price.
My latest project is a ground up Jeep, with the above drive train except D60s all the way around and four link w/ coil suspension. Rolling chasis is completed and aluminum body is in the shop.
Just need interior and fenders.
Won't be long, in the woods again!

Great job, keep the site informed.

:usa: :chug: :ca:

Back