• Register Today It's free!

LOM price tag question

tnstringbean

Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 eddie bauer 5.0 AWD
does anybody know how much a new LOM will cost me? mine looks fried it smokes when i hook it up and turk lights on. solders all look good, board is burnt underneath 2 resistors. need 2 replace asap so i can get 2 work. thx

somehow, i dont htink not having headlights qualifies as a truck out of commision and needs t oget back on the road immediately.....

first, you need to track down how you fried it and fix it, otherwise you will fry the next one, and hte one after that

ur right no headlights dont mean my trk is out of commission. I may be wrong, but the last time i checked it was illeagal 2 drive at night with no headlights and with me workin from 9 am till 11 pm i think i might be driving at night.
anyway ive only had this trk a couple of months so im not sure what previous owner has done. they were workin fine then i lost the pass side low beam and both fog lights. they would work every once in a while but not for long. i checked fuses bulbs and all so i found on here about the LOM and checked it. thats when i found the burn and i plugged it back in and turned the lights on thats when i saw that it smoked. i traced from headlights all the way back 2 fuse box and didnt find any shorts anywhere so all i know to do is get a new LOM and see what happens. thats why i simply asked how much they usually cost so i have an idea before i go to the ford dealer tomarrow.

Yeah I can understand how you consider it an emergency since you can't drive your truck at night. Dunno about price but you can contact Torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com and I'm sure he'll be able to assist you on a price.

Back