Looking for members in Ottawa with FORScan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for members in Ottawa with FORScan

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
If there any members in the Ottawa/Gatineau area that have forscan up and running and that would know how to disable my idiotic random double honk on my '16 xlt? Please get in touch with me.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well hello "neighboor" I am too in Gatineau.
I have a OBD reader and starting to look into getting FORScan installed on my laptop...
If I manage to get everything installed and working, I'll let you know, meanwhile if you manage to find one, let me know!

That sounds great thanks let me know how you make out. BTW I called the dealership Dupont Dupont yesterday and asked if they use FORScan and they said no way that its an aftermarket product and are prohibited to use it by Ford Canada. So I asked how to they disable things like the double honk and the no seatbelt chyme and they said they dont do it for anyone.

If you don't have the Forscan program then I advise to get it. A half hour of your time getting it set up and then you are off and running with it.

Disabling that lovely double honk took me all of 5 minutes after I got the program installed and up and running on my laptop

That sounds great thanks let me know how you make out. BTW I called the dealership Dupont Dupont yesterday and asked if they use FORScan and they said no way that its an aftermarket product and are prohibited to use it by Ford Canada. So I asked how to they disable things like the double honk and the no seatbelt chyme and they said they dont do it for anyone.
Dealers use a similar tool called IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System). I can fully understand why they wouldn't change Ford's settings. It probably has to do with liability.
Not sure why you want to disable the seatbelt warning. Your Owner's Manual tells you how to disable the "Belt Minder" on page 38.

Peter

I went to Lincoln Height Ford dealer earlier this week for a reapir and shown him the post with the instruction (line number) to flip the bit to stop the honking. He went to a technician who said he could do it, but would recommend waiting that the warranty is finish, just in case, you know...
They indeed are not using FORScan they have an "official" tool released by Ford as Peter says, that does that.

I know install/setup is short and hopefully easy, but lots of pre-step to make that happen (wife/kids goes first), and "God's garage" heater is off on this season...

Back