• Register Today It's free!

Looking for SoCal shops

coreman23

Reaction score
City, State
Big Bear, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I've got some issues with my 92 explorer that I want to get checked out. Some transmission issues, and an oil leak that I've put up with forever.

I'm worthless when it comes to vehicle repair, so I'd like some help in finding a good repair shop that works with explorers. There are a ton of posts here that will fix my issues, I just don't have the tools nor the expertise to accomplish them successfully.

Any place in Southern California either in LA County or San Bernardino county being preferred.

Any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody knows of any reputable Socal shops?

There are a few by me, but that's not LA or San Bern county. A couple in Fountain Valley and the Costa Mesa/Newport area.

Since there are so many down here, I don't know of any up there.

Sorry I can't help either since I do all my own work on my vehicles.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep looking around. Going to Orange County is a possibility, but not preferred.

Thanks again!!!

You are in Los Angeles?? L.A. man! If they can't fix it here, it can't be fixed! There are shops on every corner... You need one with a good reputation? What all type of work are looking to do? (I'm just a little south of L.A., but it's aaaall good!)

Hmm... well, let me know if you change your mind. I know of a few people in both your counties that can help you out... good luck!

Hmm... well, let me know if you change your mind. I know of a few people in both your counties that can help you out... good luck!

I could use the help for sure.

I've got a leak of some sort. I think it's oil, as it's black and it's very slow, but I can smell it burning. Someone suggested it may be the valve seal? The leak isn't huge as I don't have to add that much oil. But it does leak on my driveway.

Also, recently I try to shift my transmission and it goes to each number, but it's not shifting. Almost as if it's stuck in neutral. It only does this on occasion. It's recently, when cold, it slips in OD, but other than that, it just shifts kinda hard. It doesn't slip in any other gear. I checked the fluid level and it was low, so I added some transmission fluid.

Those are the major issues, other than that, I love the truck. I had a 98 and sold it cause I prefer the 92.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to take it to a transmission shop cause I know they will tell me that the transmission needs to be replaced, and I don't think it does. (But I could be wrong. ;) )

No problem... in the morning I will make the call, and pm you the number.

Man, you're in Big Bear?? You probably need to talk to Boomer, the L.A. mechanic is in the city of L.A. But if you want the number, I'll pm it to you...

Back