The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets

I brain farted and didn't remember until Saturday night. So I went on Sunday and met up with several people I know, but since you are the only local EF person I have met so far I was not able to spot any local members here.

I was amazed at how different the expo seemed to me this year because I have a new toy to play with. Now I gotta look at things all over again to see how they can be applied to my Mountaineer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took JP out there Saturday mid morning and was gone by 2pm, had to go to a wedding afterwards. Dragged Zukman through the show with me:D

Picked up some Flapdiscs from our favorite supplier;)
and a new gauge for me Powertank.

..Did someone mention a "Meet and Greet" to also include the Main Divide Rd. locally?

..I would be game this Sunday or next..;)

I've been searching around this forum for local guys now that I have the merc back. I guess this is the closest to a socal thread I can find. I am just looking for the san diego explorers to try a meet up with some people with similar vechiles to go to the desert and try to exchange info. (Spend most my time with xjs and tacomas) If i'm in the wrong thread sorry, if there is no one here from san diego that sucks because I see 3 or 4 lifted explorers a day.

...You are in the right thread..

..I know in the last year or two we have had a number of members move out of the San Diego area but we still have a few..

..I know what you mean by seeing all the lifted Explorers down there as I am down there 4-5 times a year for work and see them all over the place..

..I don't think they have heard of ExplorerForum.com so we need to get the word out to them so we can have some more group runs..:biggthump

..Keep an eye open for the Truckhaven threads as the San Diego members tend to show up for that..;)

...You are in the right thread..

..I know in the last year or two we have had a number of members move out of the San Diego area but we still have a few..

..I know what you mean by seeing all the lifted Explorers down there as I am down there 4-5 times a year for work and see them all over the place..

..I don't think they have heard of ExplorerForum.com so we need to get the word out to them so we can have some more group runs..:biggthump

..Keep an eye open for the Truckhaven threads as the San Diego members tend to show up for that..;)

Yeah, I kinda figured that everyone here is a truckhaven person. I'm low and wide (80" wide-about 3 inches total ride height over stock) so thats not really my preferred riding area. I'm a superstition guy, but I do have 4wd so I'll try to hit up truckhaven with you guys some times.

..I've never really been an "us" or "them" guy when it comes to offroading...

...You might be surprised at the number of members who have taken their widebodies out to TH in 2wd...In fact, a number of widebody builds here have been started and built after going to TH..;)

...and Ocotillo wells is right across the road with Glamis within a short hop..:burnout:

...I have taken and left notes for people to meet up on EF so we could go on a run together after seeing their trucks first and never meeting them...:biggthump

..Taking the extra effort to meet someone to go wheeling with has paid off several times and have a place like ExplorerForum.com to keep in touch with them is a huge plus in that effort..:D

I've been to truckhaven, I get around just fine, I just don't like most of it.For truckhaven is the furtherest from my house and I like it the least so i just don't go alot. I didn't mean to indicate an us or them people, my best friends run jeeps and I have been crawling with them. I meant more of a wash, faster paced trail vs. slower crawler style trail.(PS. I also hate dragging the fiberglass and undercarriage everwhere I go)
And I do/will try to make the best effort to meet new people and try new areas. I appreciate you showing interest with my posts. I only use the other forums because they are more active and I haven't got much of a response when I have posted here in the past.

I'm up for a meet and greet. Just gotta get my Merc up and running: leaking freeze plugs, leaking radiator, front drive shaft noisey etc...

I am in Anaheim, Ca.

Also, does anyone know of any "bunny hill" style runs that could be made for a novice OHV-er? I've never been out before and don't want to get stuck cause i don't know what I am doing. Just want to get out and drive and see the country and relax etc.

I know, this is going to cause a hole to be burned in my wallet right? I'll want more lift, bigger tires, better bumpers and so forth. I'll try to resist. Reading this forum, though, isn't helping :D

This is an awesome forum and resourse. Thanks guys!

..Welcome here and let us know when your truck will be ready...

..We do a couple local runs and if you search on here for "Main Divide Rd." you should find some pics and info as this is our backyard area run with as easy as it gets wheeling..

..Don't forget to add CB to the list..:D

Ted me and Zukman have been talking about taking a drive up to Azusa canyon one day....

..Is it even open right now?

.. I like parking on the beach and watching the kiddies play, get stuck, break down, etc...:D

..I heard they got a playground like Truckhaven's...

..Is it even open right now?

.. I like parking on the beach and watching the kiddies play, get stuck, break down, etc...:D

..I heard they got a playground like Truckhaven's...

Yes, that's always the fun. Watch people with brand new trucks (dealer plate and all) destroy them! :eek:

and they have a rock garden thing too. We could always do Rincon trail, which is similar too Main Divide, only over looks the SGV, and has a lot more shade. Not sure if it's open though. Starts at the OHV area, and dumps out off the 2 just west of Mt. Wilson.

..I would like to do Rincon possibly closer to summer since it does have the shade but post some dates up and start some planning..:D....I really need to get to working on my trucks too..

..You know, gas went up .30 cents today alone near me so it's $4 again..:thumbdwn:

..I would like to do Rincon possibly closer to summer since it does have the shade but post some dates up and start some planning..:D....I really need to get to working on my trucks too..

..You know, gas went up .30 cents today alone near me so it's $4 again..:thumbdwn:

Yeah......the more it goes up, the more reason for me to get a commuter car that gets sub 30 mpg and retire the 150 from DD duty.

..Welcome here and let us know when your truck will be ready...

..We do a couple local runs and if you search on here for "Main Divide Rd." you should find some pics and info as this is our backyard area run with as easy as it gets wheeling..

..Don't forget to add CB to the list..:D

Gotcha! CB is on the list... hey wait... what's that? :D Yeah, never used one before. Gotta check on the cost. I'd need an antenna as well right?

I put some stop leak and it seemed to slow the leak down. I used Gunk 312 that's supposed to be "non-clogging" so we will see. I am going down to the garage to check it out after I am done posting. I also tossed my old drive shaft back in. Took it out like two years ago because I was trying to find a driveline noise. It turned out to be the shaft but I never put it back in. It is noisey and I can't remember what type of noise it was. I'll let you know how things turn out.

If anyone is interested in heading up my way there is a run up at Rowler Trail (jefe's old stomping grounds) on the 17th that this off road shop up here is sponsoring. I think I may go check it out. JP needs to stretch her legs:D

Details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/526127770761195/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anyone is interested in heading up my way there is a run up at Rowler Trail (jefe's old stomping grounds) on the 17th that this off road shop up here is sponsoring. I think I may go check it out. JP needs to stretch her legs:D

Details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/526127770761195/

This sounds like fun. I just got my old front d-shaft back in and it looks like the stop leak almost completely sealed the system. I am going on a trip to Yucaipa this Friday and back to OC and then Back to Yucaipa on Saturday. That should give me some good feedback on if my truck is ready. I'll let you know by this Sunday if I'm in!

Back