Looking for wheel size to fit my 1999 Exlorer 4x4 4 door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for wheel size to fit my 1999 Exlorer 4x4 4 door

1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x4. Need wheel info, sseems no tire stores ( Discount tire, Tire Rack) have any that fit.
What is size and offset?
I have seen 16 x 7 5 x 114.3 20 offset. is this positive or negative?

Found this online: “Positive offset is when the hub mounting surface is located towards the face of the wheel in relation to the center line. Positive offset is the most common offset found on cars today. Negative offset is when the hub mounting surface is located closer to the inside wheelflange in relation to the center line of the wheel.”
I had to look it up because I can understand backspace measurement better, for some reason. (Talking about the same thing from different reference points?)
Factory rims have a positive offset, which tucks the tires in under the fender more.
Aftermarket truck rims generally push the tire out more than factory, and would be negative.
With that said, it’s impossible to know what the rims you’re looking are, without at least a link to see them.
Do you know which offset you want?

No clue. Would like something to fit under fenders. Can't really find anything. All the tire shops are showing none available at this time, as far as fit.

Back