Lori's Reaper, The Cobra R Clone (56K Die) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lori's Reaper, The Cobra R Clone (56K Die)

P10100202.jpg

P10100211.jpg

P10100221.jpg

3 hours later, and someone is still in the garage, I even made a sandwich for her:
P10100231.jpg

P10100241.jpg

P1010025.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am so hiding the camera from you. :p:

Talked to the toll tag people yesterday and have a new one on it's way due to the old one not wanting to stick on the new windshield, got his inspection updated last Thursday, and cleaned and conditioned the leather seats yesterday before our road trip. Things are falling into place rather quickly now so I am super excited! :D

So, after 4 hours and the sun going down, I have stopped for tonight. The car has been washed and waxed, did the "never dull" on the exhaust pipes, and then went and waxed the wheels.

I was super nervous washing him for the first time, and especially, because he was so nasty after 3 days of rain and yucky road conditions, but everything turned out ok and I just made sure to keep rinsing my new wash mitt and getting new soap and water so I wouldn't rub the dirt into the paint.

And since I am a devoted State employee, I didn't realize that I have tomorrow and Tuesday off due to holidays (MLK Day and Confederate Heroes Day, which is actually a skeleton crew day but I don't have to work :thumbsup:) so tomorrow's plan is to work on detailing the trim that has icky stuff from sanding, installing the new head unit, and then shampoo the carpets.

The only thing I wish I could do is detail the engine because believe me, it's nasty. :( But we have some things planned and Jeff is going to help me with power-washing, because I admit, I am too chicken to get any where near Reaper with a power washer. But at least he's sexy clean on the outside and on the inside, just not underneath his hood! :eek:

Hmmm, wonder if I can get Jeff to give me a back-rub now? ;)

backrub? hell you'd better be giving him a happy ending with all the stress he had to undergo to get Reaper fixed.

backrub? hell you'd better be giving him a happy ending with all the stress he had to undergo to get Reaper fixed.

Heck, he aint' the only one. Went 3 months and 1 week without my car and Reaper is still not done. At least I have him home where I can take care of him and drive him. That was definitely the hardest part.

BTW, he can now chirp his big 315's all the way through 3rd gear. Not bad for a little GT. After a tune-up and oil change, may do a few dyno runs and see where he is now sitting on hp. :D

Carpets shampooed and scotch guarded - check
windows cleaned inside/out and rain x'd - check
toll tag removed along with goo - check (new one on order)
registration tag moved - check
goo gone the trim to remove tape goo - half of a check (did one side of the car)
front plate put on windshield w/suction cups - check
Reaper emblem put back on - check
New radio put in - too lazy to do that right now :p:

Go show off the car and make people drool - here in a little bit :cool:

High percentage for rain tomorrow - blows!!! :mad:

wing_1.jpg

wing_2.jpg

hmm not bad, you sure about that tall for the wing ?

Wingless is cool, but after having this R front bumper cover on the car before, with just the rear slat spoiler/wing, it still isn't enough to counter balance the hugeness of the front.

And since the car will be used for not only daily driving, but also for open track, it is fully functional in providing down force on the rear of the car, and though it looks really big, if you go back to page 1 and look at the bathing suit girl with the Mustang GT next to her, you will notice, that even, that wing it TALLER than this original R wing.

m5lp_0311_06_z+2000_ford_mustang_cobra_r+spoiler.jpg

736_1_middle.png

Pending on the angle in which you look at it, you notice it really isn't as HUGE as it may seem in my camera phone pictures:
2000cobrar.jpg

Now one thing I did notice is that it looks as though SVT did make some clamping plates to help spread the work load over the bottom of the deck lid to keep the wing from pulling out at high speeds, and since this wing comes with bolts, I notcied that SVT has replaced that with all-thread/studs and nylock nuts too:
wing_3.jpg

wing_4.jpg

wing_5.jpg

wing_6.jpg

I spent some time measuring out the distances, even though the kit does come with some templates for mounting, it seems Cervinis' cheesed on this department, but all is good, thanks to my buddy Shannon and his Team @ Latemodel Restoration Supply for letting me use his R for a template:
wing_7.jpg

Respectfully, 1995 Cobra R and 2000 Cobra R
wing_8.jpg

So hang tight Pete, I think when all is said and done, you'll find it won't be as "Ricer" as you may have invisioned in your head, or you can look at it like this:

A: It's not in your driveway :p:

B: You don't have to worry about driving it :p:

C: This is the internet, and the car has been photochopped since the start of the thread, and it's really florescent green with florescent pink and yellow accents. :p::p::p:

Jeff - :confused:

Well, Jeff, i was not thinking ricer at all, and also did not know it would be seeing track time either,,
I was strictly thinking of tastefully elegant,which is in a long way from functional, ,

Turns out it is to be functional , and that makes a big difference,,

Bah! That's a puny wing....I'm a thinkin' Lori would love a wing like this:

35214d1253378342-compressed-air-propulsion-split_wing_ricer.jpg

:p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p:

Although I must admit, every time I see a Cobra R, I can't help but think of Spinal Tap.

stone_h_2.jpg
:D:D:D

I can't help but think of Spinal Tap.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: The sustain, listen to it.
Marty DiBergi: I don't hear anything.
Nigel Tufnel: Well you would though, if it were playing.

Bah! That's a puny wing....I'm a thinkin' Lori would love a wing like this:

35214d1253378342-compressed-air-propulsion-split_wing_ricer.jpg

:p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p::p:

Ooooo, then I could go to Vatozone and get my hp from all the tribal and flame stickers I can put all over him. Or be the guy with the white GT with so many Boss 302 stickers on the front and hood that it looks almost painted on there...lol.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd then match some other Mustangs here in Austin. There is a yellow one with like anime cartoon figures all down the sides of it with a wing like that on it. Makes me cry every time I see it. :(

me makes some flame stickers and all sort of evil decals like **** star, bad girl, etc for Reaper.

jeff, walter hall called.
he wants his park bench back

nice margarita stand!
bring it down lets break it in!

also, you realize shes gonna have to retune the car now..that particular mod requires a dyno tune from ubert00ner pat

(post safety meeting)

Stang looks amazing. Glad to see it came back together so well. Love the hood. I would prefer a lower wing but Im sure it will look good when its on. Usually not a fan of wings but the bench wing on the ford tempo John Rock posted serves a 3rd purpose. Style, centrifugal downforce at high speeds which Tempos are known for and chillin with a cold 40... I dig it, would be nice at a drive in too.

Back to the Stang--thanks for Spinal Tap memories and showing progress on one of the nicest Stangs I have seen. Wheel/tire package couldnt look any better either.

Well look who went wandering around the great state of Texas today, San Antonio (Shelby Owner's meeting), Buda, Austin...............

Thanx JohnStone/Rock for the camera phone pics.
36_104058299614669_100000314975405_101718_744802_n.jpg

6_104058309614668_100000314975405_101719_7242445_n.jpg

6_104058339614665_100000314975405_101720_5663172_n.jpg

6_104058452947987_100000314975405_101723_4326086_n.jpg

6_104058466281319_100000314975405_101724_1241934_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back