Lowering the Explorer | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

finally I just got mine today .going to be installed this Friday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just got my wife a 2014 Explorer a couple days ago, already at the shop getting some TV's installed, plan on some 22's with 285-40-22, what size of tires n rims u running on your explorer, thanks

Stock 20s on my Sport.

Darren

Received my springs from TR 2 days ago. Finally. Ordered them at the beginning of Feb so had to wait a bit for them. Should be getting them installed tomorrow. Can't wait to get it back already...

just ordered mine from THM. 239 shipped

Anybody towed with these springs yet? I plan on using the full 5000# tow rating of the Sport so am skeptical that these springs would be a good idea for me....

I don't recommend them if you're planning on towing that much. I had to take a lot of tongue weight off so that they weren't sagging too badly. And this is only with a snowmobile trailer coming in around 2500 lbs. I'm half regretting these springs since I do use this Explorer to tow.

I've read the entire thread, and maybe I missed it, but has there been a comparison yet on the height difference between the flex springs vs the explorer springs?

I've read the entire thread, and maybe I missed it, but has there been a comparison yet on the height difference between the flex springs vs the explorer springs?

Pretty sure the only reason people where running the Flex springs is because the explorer springs where not available, plus from want iv seen they come out to about exactly the same.

Regarding the wheel spacers......yes, to push the wheels outward. They look awesome. I think 1" is perfect for front and back on our Sports. I get tons of compliments on mine.

any more feedback from the others on ride quality? Also how is it stepping in, is it more like a normal sedan step in or lower, or just right? Getting mine in monday, wife doesnt know and Im hoping she wont notice the drop.

Hey John

Love the look of your Sport. Plan on doing the same to mine. Just purchased mine last Sunday.

Silver Stallion and CobraJohn, would you two please post a good full size picture or your rides from the side to compare the stance?

Thanks,
Mikie

Absolutely - will take them over the long weekend for you. Was parked beside a stock ride height earlier this week and there is a significant difference to say the least.

Takes away the SUV look and feel.

heres a pic of my 2014 exl, dropped on h&r springs for the explorer and not the flex

im trying to post a pic but cant figure out how, i went to the faq but not sure what im doing wrong

im trying to post a pic but cant figure out how, i went to the faq but not sure what im doing wrong

You need to use a site like imagestack to get the link to post, hope that helps

How has the shocks and struts fared after the drop? I know your putting more stress on them due to the drop since you should put shocks and struts to compensate for the new spring rate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back