metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine

Yes it includes the upper and lower housing, all o-rings you need and the two gaskets. Just swap the thermostat and temp sensor from your old housing. I provide a new o-ring for the temp sensor.

So do both types of ECT sensors work than for this housing? The original threaded and the newer drop in style?

ALL SimmonsAutoSportz t-stat housings for the 4.0L SOHC use clip in unthreaded sensors.

Order the ECT sensor (DY1269) and gauge sender (SW6146) listed in your earlier post #96.

Just to avoid confusion for anyone in the future, since I was confused myself..
The gauge sender sensor is dy1269 and grey on the drivers side of housing and the ecu/ect sensor is sw6146 passenger side of housing.

On my model the connectors to the sensors, and the sensors themselves share the same color as well.

Could someone else confirm this as well please, The 1269 has "sender" on description.
Just want yo be sure. There is so much information on this forum explaining that the dy1269/grey sensor is not the sender...

Are the thermostat housings the same for the 4.0 and the 4.6 V8?

Back