• Register Today It's free!

MFT Boot Time & Remote Start

Falcor00

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
I'm reading that depending on what functionality you like it takes anywhere from 7-15 seconds MFT to come on and be able to use. First question... is that true?

Second question... what is the range for the remote start? I'm thinking if there is a long delay from boot time, perhaps engaging the remote start every time will make it seem less from the time I actually sit in the car...

Thanks! (Expecting Dec delivery)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm reading that depending on what functionality you like it takes anywhere from 7-15 seconds MFT to come on and be able to use. First question... is that true?

Second question... what is the range for the remote start? I'm thinking if there is a long delay from boot time, perhaps engaging the remote start every time will make it seem less from the time I actually sit in the car...

Yes.

Remote start does not turn MFT/Stereo/etc. on.

So 7-15 second radio start time should be expected from the moment I get IN the car?

So 7-15 second radio start time should be expected from the moment I get IN the car?

From the moment you start the car. I hope some others weigh in, I only drive the Ex on the weekend (it's the wife's daily driver). I would say the radio probably will begin a bit quicker than that, but it's usually about 10 seconds before the whole MFT system is up and stable enough to start using.

From the moment you start the car. I hope some others weigh in, I only drive the Ex on the weekend (it's the wife's daily driver). I would say the radio probably will begin a bit quicker than that, but it's usually about 10 seconds before the whole MFT system is up and stable enough to start using.

That's about right; Nav, Bluetooth and radio all displayed and usable. Not bad.

Yeah, each component loads at different times and in a seemingly random order. You can drive it before it all loads up, but it seems to cause problems. It's best to wait until its all loaded up first.

I find that by the time I put on my seatbelt and get everything ready to go on my end that I'm most of the way there.

The Nav takes by far the longest to load.

It's not from the moment you get in the car. It's from the moment you press the START button after getting in the car. You have to press the START button after getting into the car, even if you have already started the car remotely. This small detail was completely lost on me until I took delivery and the sales guy told me to start the car again even though it was already remotely started. I anticipated grinding the starter motor but that's not the case. When you remotely start the car it only starts the engine and the "remote start" version of the climate system. Everything else is off and needs a button press to start normally.

If you read one of the previous MFT posts I suggested to the Ford IVT Team that they make that change to the remote start protocol and allow the MFT system to start its boot up upon the engine starting.

According to the IVT Team, right now the MFT system is set to NOT recognize the remote start power cycle.

They set it that way because of customer feedback during testing.

Im not sure who those customers were but the feedback from this forum is that it should be standard on remote start to activate the MFT.

Thank you everyone... appreciate the responses!

It doesn't sound AS bad as I thought.. however I hope the IVT addresses the request.

Thank you everyone... appreciate the responses!

It doesn't sound AS bad as I thought.. however I hope the IVT addresses the request.

Hey, Falcor00!

Everyone provided a lot of good info for you! I'm not sure I have much more to add ;)

Here's the thread Sgt1411 was referring to (in case you would like to see it):

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2808489&postcount=10

If you would like to familiarize yourself with MyFord Touch, check out the videos on www.SyncMyRide.com/Own/Touch.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Back