Moab 2010, MAY 22-23 | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2010, MAY 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the green light from the admiral (Misty) last night :)

Since I got the go ahead from the wife last night to leave early, I am going to go for it. I am going to leave Sunday morning and plan for a Monday Evening arrival in Moab.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it looks like the NW contingent is going to be coming in waves.
:burnout::burnout::burnout:
:shifty_eyFirst we're gonna send Paul in for some recon with his Buell arriving Sunday evening.
:shoot:Followed up Monday evening with the first wave of two more, DWD and Albino to hit some moderate trails and take no prisoners.
:troops:The second wave will be arriving Thursday morning to help finish off the attack on Moab 2010.

:shifty_eyFirst we're gonna send Paul in for some recon with his Buell arriving Sunday evening.
:shoot:Followed up Monday evening with the first wave of two more, DWD and Albino to hit some moderate trails and take no prisoners.
:troops:The second wave will be arriving Thursday morning to help finish off the attack on Moab 2010.

So excited you're posting to yourself?

Oohh oohh can I be a land mine ariving Tuesday?!:salute:

So excited you're posting to yourself?

Well, lets see now. . .

This may be the last trip out to Moab for Kevin (DWD) for a few years, and he just doubled the amount of time he'll be there, so sure, nothing wrong with being excited about that...

compared to...

A guy who's been on the site for 10 years, hasn't owned an Explorer for 3-5 years (not that there's anything wrong with that), posted multiple times on the Moab 2009 thread and finally came out to Moab last year with his Jeep buddies (not that there's anything wrong with that), and didn't run a single trail with the Explorer contingent. . . or (to my knowledge) even come by to Canyonlands to meet us :wtf:

Geez, you'd think there was a Jeep site or two on the web that went to Moab that you could post on; who knows, maybe it'll catch on so much that maybe one day they even call it a "Safari" or something...

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. Pretty sure I spell-check this, two. . .DAMN!

Well, lets see now. . .

This may be the last trip out to Moab for Kevin (DWD) for a few years, and he just doubled the amount of time he'll be there, so sure, nothing wrong with being excited about that...

compared to...

A guy who's been on the site for 10 years, hasn't owned an Explorer for 3-5 years (not that there's anything wrong with that), posted multiple times on the Moab 2009 thread and finally came out to Moab last year with his Jeep buddies (not that there's anything wrong with that), and didn't run a single trail with the Explorer contingent. . . or (to my knowledge) even come by to Canyonlands to meet us :wtf:

Geez, you'd think there was a Jeep site or two on the web that went to Moab that you could post on; who knows, maybe it'll catch on so much that maybe one day they even call it a "Safari" or something...

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. Pretty sure I spell-check this, two. . .DAMN!

LMAO

Kevin give them hell!!!! take no prisoners and by God due upper helldorado! and take some damn pictures
DISMISSED

Here is the first two obsticles GO KEVIN!I might be willing to follow in the ZJ :rolleyes: If you get stuck here I'm leaving you like we left this guy ;)

Attachments

• 1129091139b.jpg
    1129091139b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 294
  • 1129091140.jpg
    1129091140.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 1129091151.jpg
    1129091151.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 290

Oh! "Green Day" reverse is really where you want to be ;)

Attachments

• 1129091319a.jpg
    1129091319a.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 1129091321b.jpg
    1129091321b.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 1129091322b.jpg
    1129091322b.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 1129091346.jpg
    1129091346.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 292

Weather report for next week...

Looks like we're gonna have clear/mostly clear skies, sunny with highs in the mid-upper 80's and lows in the mid 50's for the whole week. Slight chance of rain for a couple days, but slight. Should be great!

LMAO

Kevin give them hell!!!! take no prisoners and by God due upper helldorado! and take some damn pictures
DISMISSED

Kevin, you can count on me to follow you to Upper Helldorado with the Jeep...to the signpost...then I'll follow on foot, take pics, spot, and if needed...help roll you off your lid :roll:
and go get parts. No pressure, but you should do it. :thumbsup:

Hmm... I dunno who you're talking about. I'd have first thought me, but I did stop by to Canyonlands and spoke with Danny 'n Rick. The family also still has our 00 EB and i'm even going to drive it this weekend as I'm packing the dodge. Oh and it shoulda been spell-check'ed', wrong tense ;)

Oh and what if I put an explorer engine in my Jeep?? Maybe we'll run into all the EF guys. I'd tell you our trail interested, but that's a no no :rolleyes:

LMAO

DISMISSED

THAT DOES NOT WORK AS A WEB WHEELER! You have to be there to throw down the gauntlet.

However, I will find the time to go walk the trail since I am getting there early and am looking for something to break on Sunday. Damn I wish I had Hydro assist steering! anybody got lots of spare 297 u-joints?

Damn good thing I still got my magnet I got from Dannybot last trip "frequent stops", cause there's gonna be lots.

I need a good spotter, obviously. Any volunteers?

Just rustled up a bunch of firewood. Ill be loaded up and ready by tommorrow night since i have to work 12's mon-tues.

Weather report says clear skies and mid 80's for the day low 50's for the nights with like negative 50% humidity. :D

Im ready. :bounce:

I hate typing this, but I am going to have to miss the trip again this year. Things have come up beyond my control, and with the healing from my surgery taking loner than anticipated I do not feel comfortable going to Moab in my condition. Hopefully we can make it out there during the CCR run like we did last year. You guys all have fun and please take alot pics.

I hate typing this, but I am going to have to miss the trip again this year. Things have come up beyond my control, and with the healing from my surgery taking loner than anticipated I do not feel comfortable going to Moab in my condition. Hopefully we can make it out there during the CCR run like we did last year. You guys all have fun and please take alot pics.

Chad, I'm really sorry that you won't be able to make it, but after reading what you went through, personally, I wouldn't do it either this soon after. You really don't want to risk opening something up while bouncing around all day on the trail. Way to far from help out there.

There's always next year, we'll be there:salute:

I agree with Rick. I don't need another cross duct taped to my door. We made it 467 miles today and we're both getting crappy gas mileage :) It's all worth it though.

Chad

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Always next year - - and much better when you are 100%. Heal quick.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

Well sh#t, A family member on the eastern seaboard has been giving me her word for two weeks that the money that was owed to me has been mailed, until today, she now says it was mailed out Thursday. Without this I have no reserve funds in case of breakdown on the road and I will not travel with just enough to get there and back, I just won't do it. If it does not arrive by Tuesday, I will have to back out until next year. I sunk more funds into the tow rig and trailer to bring them up. Will know Tuesday night when I get home and check my mail.

Truck and trailer are packed. I'll be on the road at 7am tomorrow.

P.S. Now my jeep runs front and rear explorer drive shafts ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pulled in last night about 8pm. Woke up about 8am this morning. Relaxing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back