Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Well I held out to the bitter end, but I'm gonna have to back out. Too many negative things happening right now. Which is ironic because a moab trip would make it all go away for a while! Everyone have a great time ( easy to do) be safe! Take lots of pics and hopefully I'll see you soon.

Dang, sorry to hear it. We were looking forward to seeing you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have fun everyone!!!

Well I held out to the bitter end, but I'm gonna have to back out. Too many negative things happening right now. Which is ironic because a moab trip would make it all go away for a while! Everyone have a great time ( easy to do) be safe! Take lots of pics and hopefully I'll see you soon.

Well poop! That sucks. There's still time to change your mind though.

Guilbeaux, MrQ, and myself are end route. We will stay over in north new Mexico tonight, then roll into moab Thursday afternoon

...Will there be a remote radio show?...:D

Shannon and I are heading out in about an hour. Sleeping in Kansas somewhere, then Moab Thursday afternoon. Any suggestions about places to stop/avoid along Interstate 70 from St Louis

Shannon and I are heading out in about an hour. Sleeping in Kansas somewhere, then Moab Thursday afternoon. Any suggestions about places to stop/avoid along Interstate 70 from St Louis

I would try to make it as close to the Co border as you can. We stayed in Aurora Co and took us 8 hours to get to moab from there.

The PNW crew has arrived in Moab. Drinking beer and relaxing for the evening.

I was down in Moab April 26-May 5....passed you guys on my way home to Salt Lake somewhere between Wellington and I70. Hope you're having fun!

Trying to get my front ARB working again before coming back down tomorrow night...still not sure if I can have it done in time but I'm holding out hope!

Flying out tomorrow morning; ETA Moab sometime around 6pm. Woohoo!

I have had luck at Motel 6's along the way if like those. If you can make Denver the one on Peoria St. is ok. They have a guy who walks the lot at night to watch your stuff. Parking is ok but a lot of truckers use the place and if you get in late could be a problem if you have a trailer. On line sometimes has lower cost rates. They call it
Airport #312
12020 E 39th Avenue
Denver, CO 80239
Phone: (303) 371-1980

On line says the one in Goodland is showing as full with no rooms available so either it is closed or something big is going on. Colby has one and rooms. You can try on line Yahoo or Expedia or some such. My stuff shows the Airport one above $1 less than the one in Colby. Colby will have more parking but is a long ways from Moab.

Course if it snows tonight up on Eisenhower you won't get over till almost noon. Folks I know in Denver wait till late morning to let the jacked knifed rigs and backed up traffic to clear. So keep an eye on the weather. If you make it to Denver, and it snows up to the west, just sleep in a bit and take your time leaving town. Make it easier to get through Denver also.

When I drove from St.Louis I stopped at Holiday Inn Express either in Colby,KS, or Goodland, KS. After Goodland,KS there is nothing left for a long time except gas stations. You might as well drive to Denver at that point. From Denver to Moab is where the fun starts. I always left STl around 3-5PM and drove until 11-12. Usually got to Moab in the afternoon 2-3 time frame the next day.

Oh forgot to mention I am very jealous of all you, and I hope you all have a fun safe trip in Moab and your return home. Regret for selling my rig is killing me now.:banghead:

Woot! First trail for the rig and it did better than expected. Still learning the characteristics of it, but after another day out, should be fine. Becky tried her hand first time on a steep climb obstacle, learned the skinny peddle in low range is quite dif than on the asphalt. LOL!

Thanks to all the PNW crew for letting us slow them down and riding along. :thumbsup:

Cant wait until tomorrow! :D

Waiting out a hailstorm

"Flying" !?

Can't drive this year. I'm 2,000 miles away.... six days to drive there and back not including time spent in Moab. I don't have the vacation time or money to do it. Plus, fuel to feed the Explorer for the trip would cost twice the price of airfare + car rental... something else I cannot afford. On top of that I've been healing from a hernia and surgery, and have not been able to work on the new Explorer this year to get it ready for the trail. It still does not have lockers, rocksliders, etc.

It was fly out or not come at all. I chose to fly. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back