Moab 2013 Photos and Videos | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 Photos and Videos

Joe (camo b2), Jon (blue/orange yota) and myself with Kevin riding shotgun. We got through it pretty quick.

Wow thats it? Well thank you for getting at least one explorer through it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was looking for the group hug smiley, couldn't find it. So know, right now, I'm hugging you. lol

Shannon and I wanted also to thank everyone for their hospitality. G-Man, I was thinking more towards medium-rare, my family reunions are rare<-- and scary. We wanted to thank everyone for their recommendations on the bunny trails that my training wheels would not interfere. We had a blast.

More pics to come, some vids, on that F-Word site.
Moab 2013 031.jpg
Moab 2013 049.jpg
Moab 2013 065.jpg
Moab 2013 100.jpg
Moab 2013 127.jpg
Moab 2013 133.jpg

...Please share the pics and videos here as a lot of us don't fbook...Thanks in advance...:)

maybe links will work

..Some really nice scenery in those videos...:biggthump

..Did you look up the green rocks and with all the cameras did anybody get any videos of the trail at top of the world?

BTW, I just put youtube in place of each url [youtube ] your video's link[/media] without the spaces to get the videos into your post...;)

Im still working on reformatting the dash cam footage i took of all the trails (85 gb total of video! :eek:) to a more friendly web viewable format. When I get home from work, ill post all my pictures I took :)

Wow thats it? Well thank you for getting at least one explorer through it!

I was really bummed that I didn't do Pritchett this year. i wasn't feeling good Saturday. Sunday it was worse and I stayed behind. I'm just not able to drive a full day and then go out and wheel the next without getting too run down. With Char retiring from teaching full time in 6 days we will be able to spend more time on our trips.

wow rick that sucks sorry to hear it, so yeah next year is the year then!!!!!! :D

who's trailer??? i guess the pic isnt reposting... the offroad camper one

Some random person parked in the City Market lot. It was behind a Jeep no doubt on their way to the Overland Expo in flagstaff this weekend.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post sooner, but when I got home my desktop had crashed and I had two 10 hour working days ahead of me.

To answer Ted's question, yes, thanks to Char (and Russell) Red roared to life and was able to drive home. However I was plagued by stalls and poor gas mileage till Austin when Kris and Russell were finally able to look under the hood of the Bull for a while. Apparently the vacuum line going from the air intake hose to the upper intake manifold had come loose. The reason it wasn't noticed before was due to its location under the plastic shield and the manifold itself. Fortunately after seating the hose again I was able to drive back to Houston with nary a problem.

Thanks to Kris and Russell for putting up with me this weekend. I had a blast! However there are a few changes I am going to make the next time I go, and yes I did say NEXT time. I will be returning to Moab as there are a lot more trails that I want to hit including Elephant Hill, Moab Rim, Poison Spider etc. I also would like to run Chicken Corners again just to get another gander at those catacombs. (I do want to say for the record that I did run the outside pass on Chicken Corner. Those who went will know what I mean; ask Amber. :D )

Anyways I was incredibly impressed with the rigs that were out there, for all the hard stuff that we went through, carnage was fairly minimal and that just shows how well Explorer guys can build offroad rigs. :thumbsup:

I am also very proud of my truck. I didn't expect her to handle all the stuff I threw at her, but she surprised me. Top of the World was an extremely challenging trail, but I still followed the Big Dogs through all the tough obstacles and took not a single bypass. Once I found the usefulness of the "go pedal" I never looked back. Doesn't mean that I wasn't scared silly on some of those obstacles, the worst of which was on the downhill trail for the World where I ran down a rock face on two wheels, according to Char.

It was great to put faces to the screen names and I enjoyed meeting all of you! You guys made it a trip worthy of the history books and I look forward to wheeling with you all again!

Dan you did an outstanding job out there.:chug:

Well, after pulling the front axle apart last night, its official. Moab lays claim to another locker. My front dana 44 arb is toast. Its partially my fault for never doing any maintenance on it but add gear oil when needed for the last 10 years. There's a $1000 lesson learned.

Some random person parked in the City Market lot. It was behind a Jeep no doubt on their way to the Overland Expo in flagstaff this weekend.

..He is actually from back east and is a Vendor over on EP..I camped with him a couple years ago out here in Big Bear during the Mountain Rendezvous..The jeep itself has a flip pack built into it..Although he must have spent a lot of time in the market as I was hoping to say hello to him..:dunno:..He must have seen me out there waiting..:p:

..and other than the flip pack on the heep, I think Paul has as good of a set up for a lot less cost..:biggthump

P5120591.JPG

P5120601.JPG

P5120602.JPG

..Paul has a link somewhere to a guy he knows who also has plans and info on budget trailer builds...Hoping he will post a link..

..And Dan..You and the others out there for their first time is always a pleasure to watch enjoying themselves as they are learning how awesome the Explorers and Rangers do offroad..:biggthump..And I too am still waiting for the video on Chicken corners..:popcorn:

Kevin..Sorry to here it's a loss and ouch..:(

Ted, can you believe I already have my Trasharoo? :D

541592_10151576840929197_676999935_n.jpg

I got mine in a color to match our dust ;)

Well, after pulling the front axle apart last night, its official. Moab lays claim to another locker. My front dana 44 arb is toast. Its partially my fault for never doing any maintenance on it but add gear oil when needed for the last 10 years. There's a $1000 lesson learned.

No warranty on that too!

It was all 30 seconds or 30 feet.. which ever came first.

:salute:

Ted, can you believe I already have my Trasharoo? :D

541592_10151576840929197_676999935_n.jpg

I got mine in a color to match our dust ;)

..I didn't even know you were interested in getting one..Congrats on your purchase..:biggthump

...I know mine got some use this last trip and it's always handy to have a trash can following you around...It also carries other loads too..:D

I'd agree if it didn't require a rear tire carrier. When I had one of those, all I did was repeatedly land on it to smash into my tailgate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..It doesn't require a tire carrier as you can mount it to your rear hatch..;)

..I've done it with my X and also on the tailgate of the Ranger..Then I bought my second one...They also have the Blue Ribbon Coalition model which I had at Moab and the Tread Lightly model I left at home..Another of our members Mike from New York who goes on the Expedition trips has had his on his tailgate for years..

photo_17.jpg

photo_22.jpg

Back