Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video

Some pics

064_Medium_.jpg

067_Medium_.jpg

078_Medium_.jpg

091_Medium_.jpg

And this;
204_Medium_.jpg

Saw this lovely pile of trash on the way out. What a bunch of A-HOLES!!! We stopped and cleaned it up because it looked like, well...trash, and that is another excuse for the state parks to close more land. I wish I had seen that when those tools were leaving. I would have made them pick up every bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got him away from the computer for a little bit and told him to rest.

...and i swear i didnt punch him....otherwise i might have a matching shiner.
...and my bags would be sitting on the front porch in the rain... ;)

Also..fyi for everyone out there, when they check you for skin cancer make sure to have your doc check your eyelids also.

Heres the picture.
That does not look too bad.

That does not look too bad.

..Agreed...But it sure gives me a twinge as it does look uncomfortable...

Still haven't edited the videos, but here are my stills.

Attachments

• 1D7_2338.jpg
    1D7_2338.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 1D7_2346.jpg
    1D7_2346.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 1D7_2337.jpg
    1D7_2337.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 1D7_2342.jpg
    1D7_2342.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 326

Attachments

• 1D7_2334.jpg
    1D7_2334.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 1D7_2335.jpg
    1D7_2335.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 1D7_2343.jpg
    1D7_2343.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 321

A thoroughbred mutt ;)

Looks awesome! Wish I could have gone. My Merc is down (cooling system issues.)

To be honest, I have never been out wheelin'. What is the best way to learn - cheaply? Any pointers?

To be honest, I have never been out wheelin'. What is the best way to learn - cheaply? Any pointers?

Wheelin' and cheaply don't belong in the same sentence:p: Assuming you are in the SoCal area the best way to learn is to come out to one of the forum runs. Plenty of experienced people willing to show you the ropes out there.

Secondly, make sure you have some good recovery points front and rear like tow hooks bolted to the frame. Also get a decent tow strap because you will get stuck one way or another at some point. It's just part of the fun so might as well be prepared.

There's a lot more we could get into like what what you should bring as far as tools and other equipment but i'd go out on a run first to get your feet wet and go from there:thumbsup:

Wheelin' and cheaply don't belong in the same sentence:p: Assuming you are in the SoCal area the best way to learn is to come out to one of the forum runs. Plenty of experienced people willing to show you the ropes out there.

But cheap is my middle name!:p:

I am in SoCal... in the OC actually. I'll have to keep my eyes out for an upcoming run.

Secondly, make sure you have some good recovery points front and rear like tow hooks bolted to the frame. Also get a decent tow strap because you will get stuck one way or another at some point. It's just part of the fun so might as well be prepared.

I'll have to work on that seeing my truck is pretty much stock. I do have the TT and shackles but I need more prep work. I have a hitch receiver installed in the rear that could be used as a recovery point in the rear but the front...

Also, I need to get my front drive shaft as it is not in the vehicle (making noise). I plan to take two driveshafts and make one. I have the cv style drive shaft but I found a shop that will make a double cardon with the cv style end to work on my truck. But as we said before $$$.

There's a lot more we could get into like what what you should bring as far as tools and other equipment but i'd go out on a run first to get your feet wet and go from there:thumbsup:

Yeah... I actually want to go out and see what it's like. Is there a "bunny hill" for OHV's? That is what I am talking about because I dont want to get stuck... yet.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

..If you post up in this following thread you may find some locals who could join in your discussion and show you some of the local to you spots..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315786&page=19&highlight=socal

..It helps you in so many ways here if you put your location under your name..:D

Got my location added under my name now... we aint far from each other!

Just got under my Merc.... found at least 3 leaking freeze plugs - They are located on passenger side and rear of engine - and I assume one more in front and a leaking radiator. 240K+ miles... sounds like time for stop leak.

The Pumpkin is back on the trail:D I ordered a clutch straight from Centerforce in Prescott, AZ. It only took two days to get here UPS ground. Great service from those guys:chug: The old clutch still looked very good. Could have went quite a bit longer if it weren't for the junky slave. You could definitely tell it had been working hard, the pressure plate and flywheel had heat marks and surface cracks.

The Pumpkin is back on the trail:D I ordered a clutch straight from Centerforce in Prescott, AZ. It only took two days to get here UPS ground. Great service from those guys:chug: The old clutch still looked very good. Could have went quite a bit longer if it weren't for the junky slave. You could definitely tell it had been working hard, the pressure plate and flywheel had heat marks and surface cracks.
Excellent.

Great. Center force is hardcore, that's what I had in the Navajo for more than 10 years and no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Didn't know where else to put this... So I decided here for safe keeping.;)

for next time

025d1363637429-obstacles-truckhaven-truckhaven-gps.jpg

Back